Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Talking with Friends insane trait autonomous action bugged

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36.99
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a sim with the insane trait as your active character and wait for them to have the autonomous action to "Talk with Friends..."
What happens when the bug occurs? The insane trait sim will stand where they initiated the action in an idle mode, instead of talking to an inanimate object.
What do you expect to see? Usually before the patch, I'd see the insane sim walk up to an inanimate object and begin talking to it and being social when they had the autonmous action "Talking with Friends..."
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the 7 November 2017 patch (PC 1.36.99.1020)

Before the patch, you could find your insane sim talking to objects with the action "Talking with Friends..." if you left them alone and have full autonomy on. Since the patch, my sim tries to do the action, but instead just stands still. I don't think it's a pathing issue, as they seemed to have a clear space around them - but as I don't know which object the sim randomly chose to talk to, I am not sure. He just stood there - he didn't complain about not being able to reach stuff, the action just seemed to have stalled. He wasn't frozen or needed a reset, he was just standing idle with idle animations. I could cancel out the action without any issues and order him to do other actions fine.

Message 1 of 5 (1,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Talking with Friends insane trait autonomous action bugged

Champion
I think this was fixed along with the other patches that fixed insane trait stuff (like every sim having flirt with self in the mirror).

I wasn't really paying much attention, but I believe that I have seen my Erratic sims talking to things again.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (898 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added this 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,115 Views)

Hero

@simvasion Is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (913 Views)

Champion
I think this was fixed along with the other patches that fixed insane trait stuff (like every sim having flirt with self in the mirror).

I wasn't really paying much attention, but I believe that I have seen my Erratic sims talking to things again.
Message 4 of 5 (899 Views)

Hero
Marking this as fixed then.

Feel free to come back if the issue resurface for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (873 Views)