Re: [OPEN] [TLSP] Murphy Bed breaks every single time Sims sleeps in it

by Sketch793

Original Post

Constantly Breaking Murphy Bed..

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff, Moschino Stuff, and Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim use a Murphy bed..
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I put a sim to bed, the Murphy bed needs repairs
What do you expect to see? That the Murphy Bed doesn't break every single time a Sim goes to bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Each time my sim uses her Murphy Bed, It needs repairs after she gets up. She repairs it every single time it breaks. I have tested to see if it's my many mods that could be causing the problem, but it isn't my mods. It's been doing this since I've bought the Tiny Living pack ( Which is what the bed came in) I'd like for it to stop before it ends up killing my sim :[

Message 21 of 34 (1,581 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. The bed breaks every night and it's kind of disappointing.

Message 22 of 34 (1,514 Views)

Re: Constantly Breaking Murphy Bed..

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

mine did too.  So I got my sim to handiness 6 and upgraded the bed now it took several days to break but this time broke while my sim was in it and she would not do anything for 2hrs cause of the moodlet.  Also repairman that you call will not fix it he comes over says everything is fine and leaves .  I hope they fix it death by bed is no fun when my first sim died using the Murphy I hated it cause I haven't had one of my Sims die since I started playing the Sims in 2002

Message 23 of 34 (1,484 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Had the exact same problem. In fact the bed broke five times in a row, one time it wouldn't come down at all and crushed my Sim under it. The second time it wouldn't come down and crushed my Sim, it actually killed her. This was five Sim day's into the game. So now my Sim is dead before she made it through a week of the game. I had even upgraded the bed to not break as often, and it still broke. 

I'm pretty annoyed actually as I really liked that Sim Frown

Message 24 of 34 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not a permanent fix, but if you have City Living, set one of your lot traits to "Gnomes," they will at least repair it as it breaks. 

Message 25 of 34 (1,371 Views)

★ Novice

I upgraded all that I could on the bed and haven't had a problem. So try that

Message 26 of 34 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I logged into the forums for the first time ever after being a Sims player for something like 15 years to say I LOVE Tiny Homes and am excited about the murphy beds but have completely stopped including them in builds BECAUSE they break EVERY DAY.   I can understand that you might want to make it a "thing" with murphy beds -- but EVERY night is pretty excessive. If nothing else, upgrading should get it to a place where it works consistently, at the very least. 

EA, PLEASE patch this!

Message 27 of 34 (1,110 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict This is THE WORST. My bed did it too, until I finally got my Handiness skill high enough to upgrade it, whereupon it immediately killed my Sim.

I was really excited about this expansion but now it feels like I can't use it because the furniture is such a giant pain and far more deadly than anything else in the game.
Message 28 of 34 (1,058 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Same! I even upgraded to the highest costing bed with a couch and still the same. smh.
Message 29 of 34 (910 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

My Sims need to sleep, that's why I buy them beds. If they can't get a full night's sleep most of the time, then the bed is worthless. Practical jokes might be funny once or twice, but not every time an object is used. In my opinion, you wasted the time you put into developing this.

Message 30 of 34 (816 Views)