Re: [OPEN] [TLSP] Murphy Bed breaks every single time Sims sleeps in it

by TabbyCool

Original Post

★★ Guide

Broke every single time until my Sim was finally killed by the bed. Frown  (Checked Me Too)

Message 11 of 34 (2,368 Views)

★★ Guide

Same problem here! My sims got super handy really fast, but were constantly tired.

Upgrading the bed did stop it from breaking... BUT 

THEN THEY STOPPED SLEEPING. 

They'd sleep until their energy was just below the halfway point and GET UP every single time. I'd put them back to bed, they'd get right back up. 

I finally gave up and now they have a regular house because I couldn't take it anymore. And yeah, okay they also had four kids but I might've stopped at 2 if the stupid bed had worked! 

Message 12 of 34 (2,352 Views)

★★★ Novice

Upgrading it barely made a difference for me, It still broke almost every day until my sim still got killed by the stupid thing! I

Message 13 of 34 (2,230 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to my sim. I did just one upgrade and it seemed fine it only happened after I did the second upgrade to the bed.

Message 14 of 34 (2,220 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s happened to me too I upgraded the bed fully and still breaks down every time my sim goes to sleep hopefully it be fixed soon. (I pressed me too)

Message 15 of 34 (2,072 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks for this. Tiny living is frustrating enough, but the bed breaking every single night is just too much.
Message 16 of 34 (1,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Since the Bed is considered electronic, person that repairs something with low handiness skill makes it break at a faster rate, once it breaks to get it to last longer make sure the sim that repairs it has skill above 5, or the highest skill.  the reason the Murphy Bed may break a lot is because it goes through its wear and tear both as a bed and as a love seat.   this means its being used when Sims are setting on the love seat watching tv or sleeping.  I think that murphy bed may be the single most used item in the Sims 4.

Message 17 of 34 (1,932 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My Murphy Bed has broken done some, but what I find more annoying is how it only gives sleep 1. Is anyone else frustrated that it takes way longer to fill up your sleep bar than compared to the super cheap beds from city living that give you sleep 4?

Message 18 of 34 (1,889 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sim breaks the bed every time she sleeps in it.  I've had her get up, repair the bed, go back to sleep, and it breaks again.  

Her houseguest is sleeping in a broken murphy bed, and is able to lower the bed every time, nap, sleep and no events. DOZENS of times. Nothing. Sent my sim over to investigate, she put the bed down, it immediately got stuck and killed her.

Message 19 of 34 (1,869 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, this is happening to me also. Very irritating. 

Message 20 of 34 (1,818 Views)