My Sim can no longer steal and cheat codes do not work

by sabugs

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Swiped Objects don't appear in household inventory

★★★★ Apprentice

Klepto Sim on Criminal Track has the same issue as all the other posters. If she swipes items while away at work, nothing shows up in inventory. Items from other peoples homes where I actively direct Sim to swipe item also do not show. I don't have any mods or custom content. My game updates automatically through origin. Please fix this issue. 

Message 51 of 74 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this bug too!!

Message 52 of 74 (1,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The bug still seems to be active. Ive been trying to do my own little Challenge that my teen sims have to steal and then sell the stolen items in there shop. None of what I stole has been showing up. But I will try stealing from community lots as suggested before and see if that will work. Its frustrating because all there living off of is what my female is gathering from the world like plants/frogs/rocks. And I wish to continue with there store but I kind of cant with them not being able to steal from the houses where most of the more expensive stuff is. But as said I will try community lots and see how that goes.

And also another thing that Ive found that I find rather funny: I tried to have them both steal from the same room and then they got embarrassed of each-other cause they witnessed the other one trying to swipe a lamp XD. I just find that part funny.

I hope it gets fixed soon but as seen in the thread I might have to wait awhile.

Message 53 of 74 (1,922 Views)

Re: Stolen items can't be found

★★ Apprentice

I just have too, just in case

Message 54 of 74 (1,914 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately .. it's one of these it was fixed and broke again things

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 74 (1,909 Views)

★ Novice

I too am having this issue. No mods or cc on my game and this is becoming very irksome. I just spent a load of money on getting new game and expansion packs and this is the primary way I play the game. To not be able to enjoy the game as I choose to is souring my experience.

Message 56 of 74 (1,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

i dont have mod or cc, my game is update and i have de same problem, kleptomaniac sims and vampires steal but the items dont appear in the family or sims inventory

ea fix this please! i dont find sense if this items return where real owner

Message 57 of 74 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue as well and it's very frustrating! I'm trying to do a challenge that involves selling stolen goods and they just are no where to be found! No mods/cc updated automatically PLEASE FIX THIS! 

Message 58 of 74 (1,771 Views)
Highlighted

My Sim can no longer steal and cheat codes do not work

★★★ Newbie

My Sim can no longer steal! I used to be able to select things to swipe and attempt to swipe.  Now, on the rare chance that I can even attempt to swipe things, nothing will show up in my inventory.  Most of the time, my sim isn't even given the option to steal.  

I also receive the "Command Failed" response when trying to use cheat codes for the game.  The codes used to work correctly, but now don't. ( I have quadruple checked that I have the codes spelled correctly.)  

I have followed almost all of the suggestions found on this forum, to no avail.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game and have no custom content or mods, so that is not the problem.  Any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated.  After a phone call to tech support, I have practically lost all hope in EA and Sims 4.  After the way I was treated on the phone, I am convinced I talked with the worst EA technical support operative available.  I hope this isn't the norm.  Sad....

Message 59 of 74 (1,753 Views)

Re: My Sim can no longer steal and cheat codes do not work

Hero

Hi @sabugs

merged your post for the not appearing in inventory issue. That's a known issue.

As for the cheats, did you also try resetting your user folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 74 (1,733 Views)