Re: Stolen items can't be found

Hero

Hi @MushMouthTray

it's currently a bug in the game. 

Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 74 (1,687 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello I have downloaded the current patch that was provided a few days ago and this bug is still prevalent within my game. I created a new save after the patch and made my Sim a klepto to do a rags to riches challenge; however, after I stole a few items from other sims homes and the game gave me the same text as usual that the items are within my family inventory, I went to my home lot and none of the items were there. I then proceeded to try "swiping" items several more times before drawing my conclusion that it was a bug within the game.

I then looked it up on google and found this thread because I wanted to be sure it wasn't just on my end or if it was i could find a solution to end the issue.

It seems as though it was a bug that was fixes in the past, but for whategee reason one of the patches after its repair revived the bug.

I then proceeded to repair and then uninstall and reinstall my game along with all the packs I have to make sure it wasn't on my end. After the reinstallation was completed I stole once again within the save i noticed the bug in and the items still weren't appearing. So I made a new completely new save and mad the Sim klepto and stole a table lamp from the Landgrabs home, but it also didn't appear within my family inventory.

Someone else on here has said that the items go to the family who from stole froms family inventory instead of your households family inventory. So I tested this within my own game and it appears to be the case. The lamp I had stolen from the Landgrabs was within their family inventory instead of my own.

I hope my post helps you guys with fixing the issue and squashing this bug.
Message 42 of 74 (1,586 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm also still having this problem unfortunately, and it sucks since I'm trying to only survive on things my Sims have stolen and sold. I hope this is fixed soon! 

Message 43 of 74 (1,565 Views)

★★ Novice
I tweeted to EA Help and they said they are going to see if they can solve the problem.
Message 44 of 74 (1,560 Views)

Swiped items not showing in household inventory

★★★ Newbie

Swiped items are now not showing in household inventory - this was working before I installed the latest update?

Message 45 of 74 (1,545 Views)

Re: Swiped items not showing in household inventory

EA app Team

Hi @Jo_Bro_001,

I have merged your post to a thread where we are talking about this issue.

You can read the thread for more information, and for now, you should be able to find the swiped objects in the family inventory of the family you stole from.

Thanks,

Mai

Message 46 of 74 (1,535 Views)

Issue !

★★★★★ Newbie
Still having this problem. Help please ??! My klepto sim makes a living off of these stolen objects and they aren't appearing in any form of inventory.
Message 47 of 74 (1,447 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Issue !

Hero

Hi @Kittypurry12

I merged your post with exiting thread on the issue.

It was re-broken after fixing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 74 (1,432 Views)

Re: Issue !

★★★ Novice

I have had the same issue but I noticed that it depends on the lot where I steal objects. There is a lot in Oasis Springs where the objects I stole always appear in my household inventory. It's the Brothers family that owns that lot so I am not sure if there is a connection. It's the Yuma Heights lot, next to the landgrabb lot. When I try to steal from other families in Oasis Springs the bug appears though. Even in other worlds. Has anyone else noticed something similar? If yes, what other lots can we steal from and get the objects in the household inventory? I am thinking that it is possible to steal from families that were not initially part of the game when we start a new game and get the objects. Like it would not work to steal from the Landgrabb, Goth, or Caliente for example because these families were already installed in lots when a new game is started. I will test it and report! happy simming! 

Message 49 of 74 (1,344 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Swiped Objects don't appear in household inventory

★ Apprentice

Same here. I used to furnish my Kleptos house with stuff from around (mostly the Pancakes I think) lol. I hope they fix it because it's a really fun trait and I don't think we get xp from doing it either. 

Message 50 of 74 (1,281 Views)