[FIXED] Surviving the Holidays Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

by Revannia7

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Surviving the Holidays Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

★★ Guide

same on XB1.

had the two living in Evergreen Harbor, scenario ended on the second day when I traveled to the community lot (maker space) with one of them, but they obviously still hated each other and still have festering grudges against oneanother.

it's a shame, this was the first scenario I tried cuz it actually seems fun...

Message 31 of 45 (1,000 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The exact same thing happened to me and I only have the base game and no mods. Saved my game while one Sim was at home and the other at work. Seems like there is a bug counting the person at work as on another lot. A solution might be to only save the game when both Sims are at home 😢

Message 32 of 45 (929 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This happened to me too! Mine was a new save though, new characters, everything. I've never used mods on my game at all. It happened traveling to another Sim's house, not just a community lot though.

It looks like the issue has something to do with what the "Household" is defined as. It looks like when you travel with one sim, it sees only that sim in the household, so it doesn't see any of the negative sentiments or relationship between the sims because it probably isn't looking for it. The scenario was completed saying, "Have a household with no negative sentiments where everyone is friendly toward each other" or something along those lines, so it would make sense. 

Message 33 of 45 (922 Views)

Surviving the Holidays Scenario completes when travel takes place.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Cats & Dogs, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, Moschino, My first pet, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Modern Menswear, Fashion Street, Throwback Fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Surviving the Holidays Scenario. Have one sim invite the other to travel to a different location. I had a friend try it with the same results.
What happens when the bug occurs? You win the scenario. Sentiments have not changed and scenario requirements are never met. Also, just in general the requirements pop-up always displays itself after closing.
What do you expect to see? Not to beat the scenario without doing anything
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Happens with or without mods on. Had another person try and the same action happens. 

Message 34 of 45 (853 Views)

★★★★ Expert
Same problem. Started a new save, barely interacted. Sent one sim to town to buy some plants to start gardening and it immediately completed.

Looks like all scenarios are broken. Yet another broken add-on. {sigh}
Message 35 of 45 (837 Views)

★★ Apprentice

New game, no mods. On day two the Sim not at work got invited to the lounge by a neighbor, and it announced I had won the scenario when they arrived. They still hate each other.

Message 36 of 45 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I’m having the exact same problem.

I’ve tried it three separate times, and keep having the scenario complete itself without the requirements being met. The trigger seems to be if one or both Sims leave the home lot.

considering the limited lifespan of this scenario, this is particularly irritating.

any progress on the fix for this, please?

Message 37 of 45 (663 Views)

★★★ Novice

Cannot believe that this bug was reported 4 weeks ago and nothing has been done. The Holidays are over. 

Message 38 of 45 (611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Cade Maybe next time they want to release limited time content, they can make sure it actually works with something as basic as visiting community lots.

Or they could stop stuffing this game with useless content and fix the problems it already has. Just a thought.

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive posts]

Message 39 of 45 (601 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The same the happened to me the first time I took one sim to a new lot. It was the first day of the challenge, so they definitely still had the negative sentiments and are enemies.

Message 40 of 45 (582 Views)