Re: [OPEN] Surviving the Holidays Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

by EA_Cade

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I have no mods of any kind in the game. I was playing just fine in the beginning but now I want to continue and load the family to play again it instantly says that I've met the requirements which is not the case at all. 

Message 21 of 45 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue. My sim travelled to another lot for the first time, saw this pop up (May be unrelated), and then the scenario auto completed. I guess it's fine, like I can just keep playing, but pretty bummed this happened so quickly. 

Checked the sims profile and they are still enemies, despise each other, and have a festering grudge.

I have all packs and a few mods installed.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 10.21.44 AM.png

Message 22 of 45 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, any idea when this is going to be fixed? I really wanted to play this scenario.

Leave it to EA and the Sims creators to release something with even more glitches than the Sims already has naturally. Been playing the Sims since the first one and it's probably the glitchy game ever, fun but glitchy. Maybe that's a good New Year's resolution for the team. Resolve to eliminate most of the glitches with the current content instead of focusing on making even more content.

Message 23 of 45 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hey all,

This issue is being tracked by the Sims Team at the moment, I'll update this thread as I get more information to share.

Update: The underlying cause of this issue is now resolved, at this time we believe the fix will prevent this from recurring in the future. 

EACade
Message 24 of 45 (5,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too. Super annoying every time my sim leaves the house I get a pop up saying the scenario has been completed even though they still hate eachother lol. 

Message 25 of 45 (920 Views)

★ Novice
This happens to me every time I play this scenario with a sim in a live-work mode, ie. doctor, detective, etc. Whenever I join my sim to work it always says I've completed the scenario even though I haven't done anything to do so :/.
Message 26 of 45 (888 Views)

★ Novice

I hope they'll consider extending the limited-time scenario start dates, considering the bug?

I've now played it once through successfully without having either Sim travel, but it felt like a more limited experience and I hope to play again without the travel problems.

Message 27 of 45 (881 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I tried this scenario several times.

1st time, I made Sims go out to a skills class without even letting them talk. From morning till night.

As a result, the scenario was completed on the second day.

2nd time, I put them under house arrest, not allowing them to talk to each other, to work on their skills.

As a result, the memory disappeared and the scenario was completed in about a week.

3rd and 4th times were the same as the 2nd time, but I kept my eyes on the conversation and didn't move out of the area, and on about the eighth day the memory disappeared and the scenario was complete.

Sims are not allowed to go out anywhere. They can't even go to work.

I played this scenario in TinyHouse Type Micro. So Elapsed times are faster than normal, I guess.

I played:

All EP except Seasons

3GP-Vampires, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator

5SP-Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Toddler, Laundry Day, Tiny Living

And another one.

In this scenario, my sims are engaged.But they can't get "full of love end". Their relationship gauge of love is full.

Does this have anything to do with the issue in this thread?

Message 28 of 45 (862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Created a household for this scenario and spent ages on it. No interest otherwise. Total waste of my time - what a shame.

It bugged when one of them left the flat to try and get a neighbour to volunteer. I'd only been playing in Live mode about 5 mins.

Message 29 of 45 (790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Started playing Sims 4 today. Was intrigued by the Scenarios so started the Surviving the Holidays. On their day ONE, I had one of them go to the Nightclub and got the message that I've successfully completed the scenario. Nothing could be further from the truth! They still deeply dislike each other. 

I only have the Base Game and Seasons along with the Parenthood Game pack and the Tiny Living Stuff Pack. No mods or CC. 

Message 30 of 45 (705 Views)