Re: [OPEN] Surviving the Holidays Scenario Completes Before Reqs Met

by sewine

Original Post

★ Novice

Same. Started in Sulani in the Caldera Camp, had not had my two Sims even speak to each other yet, just doing their own stuff. Then I had one Sim travel to Widowshild Townhome in Forgotten Hollow, and immediately the scenario was announced as completed, despite having accomplished nothing toward it yet.

I own... many but not all packs, and have never used any mods in Sims 4.

Message 11 of 45 (1,021 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. I moved my couple into an apartment in San Myshuno. They hadn't even talked to each other yet. I bought a vet clinic and the game auto-travelled to the clinic, and the scenario completed. Sims still despise each other, no relationship change. What a bummer.

Message 12 of 45 (948 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same. I have never had any mods in my game. This is a broken scenario. EA please try harder 

Message 13 of 45 (946 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. My Sims still dislike each other very much. But I sent one off the home lot to meet neighbors and it’s telling me I completed the scenario. 😧

Message 14 of 45 (937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me on the PS4. I moved my two Sims into an apartment. They spent the whole first day together going through the Welcome Wagon and adopting a kitten. They interacted negatively several times. Then went to bed. Got up the next morning and went about their day. Once one left for work I sent the other to the gym. Upon arrival at the gym I was told the scenario was complete "No Hard Feelings" game time elapsed 2 days. I purposely started this one because I thought it would be a fun challenge to do "Enemies with Benefits". Highly upsetting!

Message 15 of 45 (918 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Me too. No mods active.

EP: All except Island Living.
GP: Star Wars, Magic, Jungle, Vampire, Dine, Outdoor, Dream Home Decorator, Strangerville
SP: Knitting, Tiny, Laundry, Spooky

I saved my game when one sim was at home, other away at work.

I saved and exited the game after enabling the mods and cc. (I only have the mod for bowing at shrine and the "pay to upgrade")
When I loaded my savegame, the scenario was completed, but they still have negative memories. 

So I disabled mods, exited WITHOUT saving. Loaded back in to the game after restart, still same issue.

If needed: I made a copy of the save game for export.

TS4_x64_4iMi14TEUY.png

Message 16 of 45 (854 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems that traveling with one Sim to another lot triggers the end of the scenario. The first time it happened my Sims had barely interacted with each other before I took one Sim to Sulani to complete an odd job. Upon arriving in Sulani the scenario completion pop-up appeared saying the "Sims are friends without any negative sentiments" criteria was met. I wondered if maybe it was because my Sims hadn't interacted with each other enough to cement the negative traits, so I started over, evicting my Sims from their lot so I could start "fresh" with the characters saved in my gallery in the same San Myshuno apartment. This time I had my Sims interact to make their relationship even worse first. Gameplay went well for 2 or 3 Sim days. Sims were able to go to work and come back without issue. However, the second I decided to take one of my Sims to the gym, the same scenario completion pop-up appeared upon arriving at the gym lot in San Myshuno--even though both Sims still had multiple negative sentiment traits toward each other.

Message 17 of 45 (827 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. I don't have most of the packs at this point and I didn't have any mods when this happened. I hope it's fixed soon. It's a shame, too. Seems like every time I start playing this game again I run into a bug like this and it kills my interest.

Message 18 of 45 (755 Views)

★★ Novice

Scenario ends after 2 days if the sims travel together or move households. No cheats or mods whatsoever. 

Message 19 of 45 (725 Views)

★★★ Novice

yep this just happened to me, my sims didn't even talk to each other, one went to work and the other went to the gym, instantly finished the scenario. 

Message 20 of 45 (714 Views)