Re: Issues with Work From Home Tasks

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Hero

• Style Influencer stay at home tasks now register as complete, when completed.

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

Please let me know if there's still any issues with any tasks. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 53 (68,132 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Just wanted to pop in and say that my Style Influencer sim was stuck with no progress on the "sketch for two hours" task, prior to the patch. I was concerned that the patch may not apply to one in-progress, but am happy to say that sketching impressions and doing paintings on the tablet DID register for her.

So, for my game (base game/no mods or cc), version 1.48.90.1020 fixed the problem.
Message 42 of 53 (3,429 Views)

★★★ Novice

My Sim is in the style influencer career. Everything has been fine. She is now a stylist at lvl 6 they gave her tasks " check in at museum, i couldnt find away to do that. They also want me to get to photography lvl 3. She is level 4 and it still says 2/3. I cant get the other tasks to check off.

Message 43 of 53 (3,398 Views)

Hero
There's been a few discussions about that task too.

I haven't tested this myself but I think there's a confusion on how it works ?

Best to create a new thread and maybe someone can tell you how it works of if it's a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 53 (3,387 Views)

★ Guide

What worked for me for the "check in an a lot" type of tasks is just talk to someone using the specific style influencer options in the friendly menu. 

I can't help you with the photography level issue though.

Message 45 of 53 (3,376 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Style Influencer Career Work From Home Task Isn't Working

★ Apprentice

I have this same issue with my Style Influencer Sim - When she works from home she will get the task to "check in at (whatever location)" and whenever I travel to the location, there is no option to "check in" at the venue.  Doesn't matter if it's the Gym, or Park or wherever. I've tried having conversations with other Sims to see if that would satisfy the daily task but it will not.  I have repaired the game, and I don't use any CC or Mods.  

Message 46 of 53 (3,289 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ibshaun wrote:

I have this same issue with my Style Influencer Sim - When she works from home she will get the task to "check in at (whatever location)" and whenever I travel to the location, there is no option to "check in" at the venue.  Doesn't matter if it's the Gym, or Park or wherever. I've tried having conversations with other Sims to see if that would satisfy the daily task but it will not.  I have repaired the game, and I don't use any CC or Mods.  

That task is very poorly worded. I was able to clear it by talking to another sim, using a style influencer specific interaction, like "compliment style" or "discuss outfit". There is no actual check in task anywhere.

I actually had her travel to the venue with her boyfriend, and the 1st interaction I used was compliment style talking to him - it cleared immediately. So you could try taking someone you know. Maybe you have to have a bit of relationship with the sim first.

Message 47 of 53 (3,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BlackjackWidow  thank you! I did try it and had my Sim's husband travel with her this time, and it worked when she used the specific interactions - it didn't work before with Sims she didn't know. I appreciate your help - at now at least she can complete the tasks!

Hopefully there is an update that at least clarifies the task wording or actually allows for a check in....

Message 48 of 53 (3,262 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ibshaun - I'm so glad you were able to clear that task!

I agree, some of those tasks need better descriptions, especially the "check in" one. I've learned that hovering over the task in the work box will sometimes make it clearer ("sketch for 2 hours" = "illustrative sketch on digitalistic sketchpad for 2 hours"), but a couple of the others give no indication how you're supposed to complete them ("makeover a sim"). Fingers crossed that they change the wording.

Message 49 of 53 (3,234 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Style Influencer Career Work From Home Task Isn't Working

★★ Novice
It worked for me, when trying a style influencing action... such as interview with another sim at the venue stated. Hope that works
Message 50 of 53 (3,165 Views)