Re: [TO TEST] Style Influencer Career Work From Home Task Isn't Working

by TSSunred

Original Post

Hero
Could you create a separate thread for that then ? Does that happen with every Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 53 (50,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue with it needing me to be at level 3 photography to get promoted when i was only at level 2. I worked on it then eventually got to level 5 and it was still stuck at level 2 on my promotion requirements. I ended up quitting the job and getting a new one then I came back to the influencer career at the same level and it registered that I had level 5. 

I also had the issue of the sketching not working for my work at home assignment but I haven't figured out a work around for that, I just took the loss and stopped working at home until I got promoted. 

Message 12 of 53 (50,457 Views)

★★★ Novice

So far I've noticed that after forcefully promoting my sim to around lvl 8 of the Style Influencer career, more of the work from home tasks are working. So far Fashion Blog for 2 hours and Complete 3 Sketches has worked with no problems. Checking In at various venues still doesn't work since I don't get the option on the phone. I managed to complete checking in once by interacting with a celebrity (She was a 5 star celeb) but I havent been able to recreate it so Im not sure if thats intended or something crazy happened.

When the skill requirements for promotion dont update properly, leaving the lot or changing worlds or saving and exiting to menu usually fixes it for me.

Message 13 of 53 (50,439 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Were you talking to me? I haven't tried any other Sim in that career. Let me test another household and see. I'll get back to you with what I find out. If it's the same thing with the other household, I'll post a Bug Report, o.k?
Message 14 of 53 (50,420 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I created a new save with a new household, and I didn't get the "Sketch for 2 hours" option. In that save, the sim was able to complete a painting on the sketch tablet. As for the original Sim, I reverted back to an old save (before the update), and she was at her other job. I had her leave early and join Style Influencer career, the painting issue was still there. I exited without saving, repeated everything except I had her quit her other job and then join Style Influencer Career, and she completed the painting. The "Sketch for 2 hours" option wasn't there, instead it was "Submit a Column." That seemed to work as intended. I then went to another household in the same save, and that sim had the "Take Photos" task, and it completed as intended. So to me, even though I'm no expert, the painting issue seems to be caused by joining Style Influencer Career before formally quitting another career. I also noticed all other Work From Home tasks in the Style Influencer career work as intended. 

Message 15 of 53 (50,409 Views)

Hero
@SweetieWright_84 Yup would be great if you could make a separate thread for the painting issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 53 (50,378 Views)

★★★ Novice

Along with the "sketch for 2 hours" work at home task not counting or completing, the "take 3 photos" task is also broken on the work from home task.  Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Message 17 of 53 (50,314 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SweetieWright_84 Which camera did you use to complete the "take 3 photos" task?  Thanks!

Message 18 of 53 (50,294 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Summa73 I used the cell phone camera. 

Message 19 of 53 (50,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict The sim I'm having the painting issue with is in an old save. I tested others in a new save--and the original sim in a new save--and the issue doesn't persist. It only seems to be an issue when I had her change jobs without quitting the first one first. 

Message 20 of 53 (50,266 Views)