Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Style Influencer Career Work From Home Task Isn't Working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions except Get Famous; All Game Packs; All Stuff Packs except Luxury Party Stuff and My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Style Influencer Career and choose the work from home option.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Style Influencer daily work from home task says "Sketch for 2 hours," but it doesn't count the 2 hours. I've had my sim paint several paintings and did quick impression sketches and nothing changed. She also wouldn't complete a painting in the first session. She kept putting the sketch tablet down before each painting was finished.
What do you expect to see? The daily task to be finished and for her to complete a painting in one session.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 13, 2018 Patch

I've recently done two game repairs in Origin for another issue I'm having (that I already made a post for), and also did a file reset for that same issue. Computer and graphics card is up to date, and computer meets recommended specs.

Message 1 of 53 (73,440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issues with Work From Home Tasks

Hero

• Style Influencer stay at home tasks now register as complete, when completed.

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

Please let me know if there's still any issues with any tasks. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 41 of 53 (67,977 Views)

All Replies

Style Influencer Career Issues

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The Latest One
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the style influencer career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Work from home tasks don't work. Such as "sketch for two hours". I sketched for 5+ hours and the hours didn't go up. Also, planning outfits and having other sims wear the outfits doesn't work.
What do you expect to see? The hours to go up when my sim sketches. And for my sim and other sims to change clothes when modeling looks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

You wouldn't really be able to tell the difference if I posted a picture of her not wearing the items I picked.

Message 2 of 53 (73,295 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Style Influencer Career Work From Home Task Isn't Working

★ Guide

I've also had several problems with the Style Influencer career.

As well as a couple of work from home tasks not registering (Discuss Fashion/Discuss Outfit was a bit buggy for me), I had multiple problems with the actual promotion requirements.

I had the Photography skill showing as 0/5 when it was maxed, and Writing skill showing as 9/9 when it was only 8/9 on my promotion bar.

The daily task doesn't interact with the Responsible trait properly (tasks don't remain completed once they've been finished), and the daily tasks are almost as buggy as the work from home tasks.

Message 3 of 53 (73,285 Views)

Hero

Merging Stylist thread for now. Might need separate threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 53 (73,263 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Work From Home Tasks

★★★ Apprentice

With the new style influencer career, my sim is stuck at the work from home task "sketch for 2 hours". For some reason it doesn't add up even though my sim has been sketching for hours. Now the next work day won't start...

Message 5 of 53 (73,224 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Work From Home Tasks

Hero
@ittie123

moved your post over to the thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 53 (73,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have a problem completing the next career level's work from home task: "Make three sketches". 

Message 7 of 53 (73,130 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Style Influencer - work from home task: Check in at The Gym or a Park.

I've been to both venues and the option to check in on the phone is not there, nor is it there when I click on my Sim.

I even tried the various update social media/ simstagram options but they have not completed the task.

Message 8 of 53 (73,030 Views)

Hero

@SweetieWright_84 Could your other issue be this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sim-reset-on-eating-food-using-Digitalistic-Sketchpad/m... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 53 (72,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Not exactly. She'll go through the interaction, and put it down, as if she's done with the task. I have to click the tablet several times to get her to complete one painting.

Message 10 of 53 (72,956 Views)