Re: how do i get my sims to stop randomly doing pushups?

by Stephanie024

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every save.  It doesn't seem to happen initially with new households until after I switch to another household as active.  But since I do this often, every family ends up bugged.
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.  Actually play the game?  It happens when I've told someone to do something and they randomly stop and do something else, most often make white cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? I always order my Sims to do things to increase their skills.  However, they're randomly stopping whatever they're doing and doing other things.  They seem to be obsessed with making white cake (guests, too, when I have them over, are insistent upon making white cake).  Sometimes they'll do other things instead, like play with clay (which somehow spawns in their inventory since I never give them clay), exercise, or play the violin.
What do you expect to see? Sims doing what I have told them to until I tell them to stop or unless a need gets very low.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It appeared after Eco Lifestyle

I can't really play Sims until this bug is resolved.  I have tried deleting the cache, etc. etc., all the things that EA tells you to try if you call them, but it doesn't help.  Any household I play will get to this point before long and I cannot play the game anymore.

Message 31 of 61 (792 Views)

Almost constant interruptions in actions due to random exercise on fitness sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Eco Lifestyle, University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work GP: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat SP: Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, First Pet, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch the Sim for a few minutes. It happens several times while other actions are queued. Primarily, I find that High level Fitness sims do this a LOT. All of my fitness sims have this issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have my sim doing things for school (primarily studying) and the sim will quit studying after a moment or two, then start exercising for no reason. This also happens when I have the sim read. If I leave the sim alone and let them do what they want, they will exercise (Stretch or Push ups) randomly. I have turned off autonomy and still see this behaviour.
What do you expect to see? When doing queued actions, the sim should continue the current action (reading, writing, studying, researching, etc) until it is finished, or another major need comes up (hunger, energy or bladder).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has been happening since I got the base game and started playing it.

Message 32 of 61 (776 Views)

Re: Can't complete tasks on sim's computer

★★★★ Novice
@muppethero did you know how to fix it?
Message 33 of 61 (761 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Stopping to exercise

★★★★ Novice
@clarissee01 then one is decanting the expansion of eco lifestyle
and the other is creating a completely new sims but nobody wants to do that
So the best thing is to decatify the expansion of eco lifestyle
there is a video that explains how to deactivate that expansion here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgfULfzqco
let me know if it worked for you
Message 34 of 61 (760 Views)

★★★ Novice

With me its not only the push-ups that keeps my sims van interrupting what they are doing.

with me it is:

- Push Ups

- Stretching

- Giving fake bad news to whoever is around

- going behind a computer to troll on fora

Message 35 of 61 (753 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TheGamingNerd22 Hello!! I’m having this issue too. Exactly this. Have this been fixed? How can I fix mine? Thank you
Message 36 of 61 (717 Views)

★ Apprentice

I stopped playing for now until this is fixed. My legacy challenge save became impossible to play. It is no fun at the moment.

Message 37 of 61 (685 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PollyPinkPizzaa then one is decanting the expansion of eco lifestyle
and the other is creating a completely new sims but nobody wants to do that
So the best thing is to decatify the expansion of eco lifestyle
there is a video that explains how to deactivate that expansion here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgfULfzqco
let me know if it worked for you
Message 38 of 61 (653 Views)

★ Apprentice

Was this fixed? It’s sept and my sims won’t stop push-ups or stretching 

Message 39 of 61 (593 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not for me, it has not. I'm very very frustrated at this point!

Message 40 of 61 (575 Views)