Re: speakers are off but showing the soundwaves

by mithelena

Original Post

speakers are off but showing the soundwaves

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

Since the patch update of May 25, 2017 all the speakers in my house appear to be turned on (showing the music notes and such), but when you click on any of them, you have to option to turn on. This means that the speakers are turned off, but still they show as if music is playing.

I find this very annoying, because it looks like every speaker on the lot is on even though they aren't.

I am assuming this is a bug, so can someone please fix it?

Thanks!

Message 11 of 57 (1,252 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem too.  I tried turning on the stereo and then shutting off again hoping that would resolve the problem, but nope.  

Message 12 of 57 (1,248 Views)

Latest Update broke All In-Game Audio Devices: Cannot Turn Off Animation!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

There was an update today 5-26-2017.  After loading a home I have been playing for quite some time, all the residential wall speakers and audio equipment throughout the house and patio area appeared to be turned on (music animation from speakers).  As all the speakers show that they are playing (animations), the only option that shows after clicking on them is to turn them on (but they are already on, or appear to be).  Even if I use the build tool and buy a new speaker or stereo system, after placing it, it is turned on by default (animation playing).  Hope you can patch this soon.  I like the new saved game menu though Wink  Note:  Just checked again, the music (audio) is not playing on the speakers, but the music animation is showing on all the old and newly bought/placed audio devices

Message 13 of 57 (1,250 Views)

@Atrusha & @BadCowboy1969 merged with a post about this issue in the bug forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 14 of 57 (1,238 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem! Tried selling and rebuying the stereo on build mode, but it did not fix the problem. I have no cc or mods in my game.

Message 15 of 57 (1,228 Views)

Music - sound animation continues to show

★★★ Novice

Music - sound animation continues to show even when stereo equipment is off. Tried replacing stereo or speakers and all old and new electronics have the same problem.  This occurred since the last Origins update.

Message 16 of 57 (1,217 Views)

Re: Music - sound animation continues to show

[ Edited ]

@gac4sims & @Nuke615 merged your post with the existing post about this

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 17 of 57 (1,211 Views)

Re: Music - sound animation continues to show

★ Guide

Thread got merged already

Message 18 of 57 (1,207 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Stereo animation doesn't stop

★★ Novice

I have the same problem plus, my object sounds are totally gone now. No sounds from pianos or dj booths etc. Is this two problems connected in any ways? Ty.

Message 19 of 57 (1,199 Views)

★ Novice
Same. It's also messing with the dance floors. The option to dance on them is gone, even when the stereo is on. It says there's no music nearby
Message 20 of 57 (1,157 Views)