Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Stairs knocking out section of adjacent half wall

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 2 ways. 1. Set foundation to 8 clicks high. Set up small room on one side. One other place set of stairs. May need to be dragged next to room as the half wall can block placement. Once done the half wall next to stairs disappears from view. 2. Increase terrain 4 clicks for stair platform. Place room 8 clicks high (or same height as raised terrain) made of shortest half wall on one side. place stairs (may need to drag into place as the room blocks stair placement). Part of the half wall next to stairs is knocked out.
What happens when the bug occurs? The stairs knock out part of the half wall and once stairs are removed it reappears.
What do you expect to see? The half wall shouldn't disappear when the stairs are placed next to it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I do have mods installed, however upon disabling them, this issue persists. Only the highest half walls are not affected and depending on if the stairs are on terrain of off of the foundation, the different heights that are knocked out vary. Not really sure what else to say about it. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,088 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stairs knocking out half wall when next to each other.

Hero
This seems fixed.

Marking as such.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (863 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I was able to duplicate this in my (un-modded) game.  It can be finagled to work; at least I managed to get a setup similar to yours in the image to work, but the game does want to delete the half wall most of the time, and as it does not do this with walls or fences in the same position, I would think it is a bug.  Will add to our list.

Message 2 of 4 (1,031 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Awesome, good to know i was able to explain it well enough (or show it) to be able to replicate the issue. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,004 Views)

Hero
This seems fixed.

Marking as such.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (864 Views)