Re: Stairs Bug on iMac.

by CiTob1899

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

BugLove888, thank you for testing this for us. This is so strange because when I first got The Sims 4 last October, the stairs were pure white. Have your had this experience for a long time?

Message 11 of 22 (2,279 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bluebellflora, so this is happening to everyone for a long time? Don’t you think it’s a bit strange? If it’s supposed to be white it should be white indoors without turning dark. Also, how does The Sims team know about these bugs? Do they read the bug forum? Many thanks.

Message 12 of 22 (2,275 Views)

@CiTob1899

It doesn't bother me and I don't remember it being any different.

It's been forwarded Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 22 (2,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora thanks for informing that it is being forwarded. Sorry for “re-posting” something from 2015. I wasn’t trying to, I was just pointing something out to you. Don’t know why EA thought I was. Many thanks.

Message 14 of 22 (2,252 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stairs get dark in enclosed rooms

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CiTob1899 I have reproduced your room and can confirm that I see the same behavior for this staircase in my game.

I also agree with @PugLove888 that this seems to be a issue - the stairs getting darker than they should - with all stairs. I'm not sure if this one is any more intense, but it does go from white to a medium to dark-medium gray at places, even with a light directly over the stairwell and huge windows lining the walls on both levels, afternoon light, no curtains, & plenty of lights in the rooms (see screenshots). This is far more lighting than any normal staircase would have, plus the stairs are white to start with. Without all of the extra lighting and windows on both levels mine looks like the screenshot @Bluebellflora added of what she sees in her game.

Perhaps this could be connected with the other issues currently of certain shadows being more intense lately?

I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, I own all packs, & run updates immediately.

Spoiler
stairway-light-1.jpgstairway-light-2.jpgstairway-light-3.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 15 of 22 (2,219 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hello @SheriGR, sorry for the late reply, thanks for testing this issue as well. Yes it appears that this issue has happened before in older posts concerning lighting and shadows. I am surprised it hasn’t been resolved yet. Hoping The Sims Team fixes this in a future patch. 🙂
Message 16 of 22 (2,193 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm, this does happen on windows.

This is indoors, sealed:

bug1.JPG

And this is indoors, but with one wall tile removed:

bug2.JPG

Mostly note the difference between the swatches in the top vs bottom pictures, top is very different, bottom is the same.

Message 17 of 22 (2,096 Views)

★ Apprentice

okay for some reasons nobody here cares about this bug BUT it has finally been fixed with the Discover University patch, white stairs are finally white (not dark grey), and all darker shades aren't pitch black

this is no user-generated issue, as i've been seeing dark stairs in all gameplay / build videos, from gurus and youtubers

Message 18 of 22 (5,464 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh, it really is fixed. Yay! We can use white stairs again

Message 19 of 22 (1,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@JustHereForX Thank you so much for checking on this! I also had not noticed the changes yet, and I share your excitement! 

I've just checked in my game and can confirm that I see nice bright white stairs now. I agree with you that the other colors that I checked were also more accurate and nuanced (including the dark shades). This is exciting stuff! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 20 of 22 (1,885 Views)