[FIXED] Stairs May Disappear on Lot Placement/Rotation

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Stairs May Disappear on Lot Placement/Rotation

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This issue has a long history and was discussed and tested starting here with final results here.  Builders had noticed that in several cases, when they placed their builds on different lots, some of the stairs would go missing.  They also noticed them going missing when they rotated their build on the lot.  Extensive testing allowed us to determine that stairs disappear upon rotation when the location they are moving TO is a position where a roof would have blocked stairs from being placed at its original position. During rotation, the game seems to validate whether it can place the stairs before the it has moved (or has accounted for moving) the roof.  The theory for why this happens during lot placement on certain lots is that the build is being rotated upon placement to those lots (due to different orientations).

Edit; fixed in the 10/25/16 patch. Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (502 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Stairs May Disappear on Lot Placement/Rotation

Hero

@BryonyRae wrote:

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (534 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FIXED] Stairs May Disappear on Lot Placement/Rotation

Hero

@BryonyRae wrote:

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (535 Views)