Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Stair Rails "Popping" through Walls and Windows

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All as of Sept. 21, 2019
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place stairs against an exterior wall and add side rails that are bulky (the narrow side rails do not produce the same effect, however, all side rails are displaying through windows).
What happens when the bug occurs? The stair rails are "popping" through walls to be visible on the outside of buildings as well as merging into window frames.
What do you expect to see? I would expect the stair rails to not populate when the stairs are against the wall, or if they do populate, that they sit against the wall rather than popping through it. I would also expect stair rails not to cut through windows.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It appears that the positioning of the stairs impacts when the banisters pop through the walls, not all stair orientations create this issue.

Message 1 of 9 (6,624 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stair Railings Clip Through Fences and Roofs

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which railings were clipping into the walls.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

EDIT:

Please use this thread if you still have issues with this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Stair-Rails-Popping-through-Walls-and-Windows-Patch-1-73/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (6,310 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stair Rails "Popping" through Walls and Windows

Community Manager (retired)

Can you possibly share a save file and/or video, to help us better investigate this issue? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 9 (6,527 Views)

Message 3 of 9 (6,470 Views)

Stair Railings Clip Through Fences and Roofs

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Place stairs on a patio - Put a railing on the stairs (any railing) - On the side of the stairs, add a fence. (As long as the stairs are sideways against a fence, you will see clipping)
What happens when the bug occurs? The stair railing is visible through the fence. It can also be seen when stairs are against a roof piece (shown in the third screenshot).
What do you expect to see? The railing shouldn't clip into a fence. It should recognize there is a fence and disappear so only the fence is visible. It also shouldn't clip into roof pieces.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but here you can see the way that stair railings clip:

10-14-19_1-30-06 PM.png

10-14-19_1-46-03 PM.png

10-14-19_1-28-46 PM.png

The third example seems like a visual glitch with the gabled roof.

Message 4 of 9 (6,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RoseLudaA Merged your post with a similar report.

If you could share your save with @SimGuruNick  that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (6,417 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Of course, I made a video of it. @SimGuruNick https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqE53Xwt7BUAr1t6XL1F5Tvk0rhh

I hope that works. If you need the save file though, I can send it.

Message 6 of 9 (6,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which railings were clipping into the walls.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

EDIT:

Please use this thread if you still have issues with this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Stair-Rails-Popping-through-Walls-and-Windows-Patch-1-73/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (6,311 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there, 

unfortuneatly, I still have this problem. The railing shows inside the window.c

Message 8 of 9 (6,018 Views)

Hero
@Michella_1393 Since this has been fixed a few patches ago and might just be back, it's best if you created a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (6,013 Views)