[FIXED] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

by Illandrya

Original Post

Re: [BY DESIGN] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

★ Apprentice
I'm having the same issue. I'm playing on a MAC, with the base game and Get to Work. I do not have the Seasons expansion! This issue must be with the patch because I do not have the expansion. I have also tried repairing my game. I have grown my plants on pots inside and in the ground outside.

I was able to splice and graft Snapdragon and Strawberry to make Dragon fruit. But I also had my sim splice and graft Snapdragon and Lily to make orchid and Grapes and Strawberry to make Bonsai Buds and neither of those spliced plants have produced the new plant. All three plants were spiced and grafted the same day.
I had a new sim retry the two splicings that didn't work, and they are not working the second time around.
Message 41 of 82 (3,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Wait! Why does this thread title say [By Design]! Ok, how can I give official feedback on this?

Message 42 of 82 (3,821 Views)

Hero

People have been using this thread but I think it would be best to post in the feedback section at the officials. There might already be a thread.

@EuphorialQueen made one but I'm unsure if it was about this or other gardening issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 82 (3,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:

People have been using this thread but I think it would be best to post in the feedback section at the officials. There might already be a thread.

@EuphorialQueen made one but I'm unsure if it was about this or other gardening issues.

@HannahartThese are for PC version and I see you are on a Mac. You can still add to these threads though.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943341/feedback-updated-gardening-system/p1
Evolving too slow and grafted plants not happening after gardening patch
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942707/evolving-too-slow-and-grafted-plants-not-happening...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 44 of 82 (3,782 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Just wanted to pop in here and add that I've filed a tuning bug for our designers to take a look at. No promises on if/how this will be fixed/changed, but yeah, I'll let the design team make a decision Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 45 of 82 (3,686 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruNick wrote:

Just wanted to pop in here and add that I've filed a tuning bug for our designers to take a look at. No promises on if/how this will be fixed/changed, but yeah, I'll let the design team make a decision Standard smile

@SimGuruNick  Thank you so very much

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 46 of 82 (3,611 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick wrote:

Thanks. I hope something is done. 1 in 500 is a bit silly, if you ask me.

Message 47 of 82 (3,462 Views)

Grafts from day 1 of overhaul have produced nothing. I have stopped playing.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Grafting not working.
What do you expect to see? New plant that grafting is supposed to produce
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Gardening overhaul

I have plants that are grafted since the gardening system was overhauled and none of my grafted plants have produced the new harvestable. Can you please raise the %s chance of producing them? Also I have other plants that only produce 1 or 2 harvestables at a time. I have no problem at all with gardening being more challenging, but we have gone well beyond challenging and now we are at the point of WHY BOTHER? Gardening is my favorite thing in The Sims, but because of the changes that have been made it is so extremely frustrating and aggravating that I have stopped playing. Now I only every play after an update, to see if you have fixed the problem...and still nothing. Please fix this, you don't have to make it super easy...but you've made it so hard to the point of ruining gardening altogether for those of us that love it the most.

Message 48 of 82 (3,289 Views)

Re: Grafts from day 1 of overhaul have produced nothing. I have stopped playing.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Try this mod from Carl:

<removed link. please don't share mod links, just name them. They are against the TOS of AHQ>

It resets the chances of grafted plants so that they all are equally likely to be harvested, basically back to what it was before the change.

Message 49 of 82 (3,282 Views)

Re: Grafts from day 1 of overhaul have produced nothing. I have stopped playing.

Hero

Hi @Annie_Oakleaves

merged your post with existing thread.

Feel free to give feedback in any of the linked threads as this is atm, by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 82 (3,274 Views)