Re: [OPEN] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

by crinrict

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

@ashtonberetta So the plant never becomes harvestable? Could you possibly share a save file, to help us investigate? Thanks so much! http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 71 of 82 (2,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive been trying to harvest Pomegranates for over a year now, sims time. I don't have the Seasons EP. I have my gardening skill maxed out, do everything right, have multiple (like 20 trees) and still no poms. It's getting a bit frustrating. It would be a bit ridiculous if I had to buy an EP just to get a pom. Please help!!!

Message 72 of 82 (1,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@SimGuruNick I've been having the same issue. I used to be able to splice for dragon fruit or even fish for it. I can not obtain this plant anymore in my game and this has been going on for a long time. What can I do to help you help me? 

Message 73 of 82 (1,807 Views)

Hero

Rare and uncommon harvestables will now be produced at higher rates when splicing.

So we actually got this changed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 82 (19,144 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

When will that patch hit the consoles? 

Message 75 of 82 (1,739 Views)

Hero
@EdfNightmare When is DU coming to console ? I suspect shortly before that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 82 (1,726 Views)

★ Novice

I’m still having this problem, my sim has been harvesting spliced plants for weeks and the hover-over box says it should produce bonsai buds but it is never one of the harvestables.  

I've checked my game is up to date and I don’t have any mods, any ideas? 

Message 77 of 82 (1,707 Views)

Hero
@ARifleNotWings Are those pre-patch plants or did you start a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 82 (1,700 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks for getting back to me!

The plants were pre-patch, when I saw the new patch had the splice fix listed, I then cut and graphted post-patch. Maybe I should grow new plants and try again?
Message 79 of 82 (1,692 Views)

Hero
@ARifleNotWings Yes, that would be best. There have been splicing issues in the past that still affected already planted plants despite a bug being fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 82 (1,687 Views)