Re: [OPEN] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

by syddie101

Original Post

Re: Grafts from day 1 of overhaul have produced nothing. I have stopped playing.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry about that, I admittedly don't read the TOS... I wear my Novice badge with shame Frown

To butcher a Hagrid quote:

If, uh, if anybody was looking for some stuff, then all they'd have to do would be to google Sims 4, Carl, and Garden Mod.  Yup. That would lead 'em right.

Message 51 of 82 (2,508 Views)

Spliced Plants Don't Grow New Products

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Cats & Dogs, City Living, and Get to Work expansion packs. I have Parenthood, Vampires, and Outdoor Retreat game packs I have Laundry Day Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Graft together any combination that would create a rare plant and notice that no matter how long you allow it to re-spawn and grow new produce it never creates the rare plant, only the original.
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't grow the rare plants
What do you expect to see? I expect to see dragon fruit, pomegranate, bonsai buds, and birds of paradise growing, even if there is only one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe this started after the most recent patch from the 31st of July

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Cats & Dogs, City Living, and Get to Work expansion packs. I have Parenthood, Vampires, and Outdoor Retreat game packs I have Laundry Day Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Graft together any combination that would create a rare plant and notice that no matter how long you allow it to re-spawn and grow new produce it never creates the rare plant, only the original.
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't grow the rare plants
What do you expect to see? I expect to see dragon fruit, pomegranate, bonsai buds, and birds of paradise growing, even if there is only one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe this started after the most recent patch from the 31st of July

Message 52 of 82 (2,454 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bird of Paradise Plants Won't Produce Flowers

★★★ Newbie

I feel like we are having similar, but somewhat different issues.  My plants will create produce, however, spliced plants won't create the rare product.  For example, putting together strawberry and snapdragon should eventually create a dragon fruit, even if only one.  I have been harvesting, re-spawning, evolving, fertilizing etc. these plants for days now and not a single rare plant.  This occurs also with my apple tree that was spliced with a cherry; not one pomegranate.  This is extremely frustrating as I can't complete the goals at this point because it won't grow the necessary produce to allow me.

I truly hope they fix this soon.  It seems like it has been going on for sometime now.

Message 53 of 82 (2,441 Views)

Re: Spliced Plants Don't Grow New Products

Hero

Hi @cnickoli25

merged your post with existing thread. Please refer to the solution post for more info on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 82 (2,437 Views)

★★ Guide

If I do not get the product I hoped for, I should try to splice and craft again?

Or is the verdict that I will never get the "new product"?

Message 55 of 82 (2,421 Views)

Hero
If you never ever have gotten any for a very long time, it might be wise to share your save with QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 82 (2,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am happy to announce that after much trial and error (and very impatient waiting) I have grown both a dragon fruit and bonsai bud.  There doesn't seem to be anything bug wise, it is just simply a matter of waiting.

Message 57 of 82 (2,373 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing the game for 7 days (non-sim days) for a minimum of 5 hours a day. My original adult sim has had two children and gone through several life milestones. I currently have my game set to the longest lifespan. I spliced plants as soon as it was possible and for days, sim months, I have not gotten any results from grafting/splicing. I know this is supposed to not be a bug, but I can't imagine anyone's luck being this bad. I have basically been playing this game like I have no life, splicing/grafting and trying to get these plants for my collection etc. and it's not possible. I don't believe it's working as intended. 

My spliced plants produce everything except the spliced result. For example, my perfect strawberries are spliced with snapdragons, and I have never, NEVER gotten a dragon fruit, I've never gotten bonsai buds, I've never gotten orchids. 

I do not play with mods, have never played with mods, and my game is updated. At this point I'm extremely frustrated because for the hours I've poured into this, this isn't something that seems like a feature, or just bad luck on my end.

Message 58 of 82 (2,321 Views)

★ Novice

How many sim days have you played/seasons passed? I have built an amazing garden but my grafted plants produce only the origin plants even though they show all 3 of them 😢😢😢😢😢😢

Message 59 of 82 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I have been aggravated by this problem too! Disappointed  I don't mind a challenge, but this is ridiculous! Confused  It is sort of like how with the Get To work EP had alien abduction happening too often, so they curtailed the chance of you getting abducted (and pregnant if you are male) and now the pendulum has swung the other way and it is way too difficult! Raised eyebrow  Whatever happened to the sweet spot right in the middle? Wondering  (Goldilocks would agree! Large smile )

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 60 of 82 (2,156 Views)