Re: [TO ADD] [S] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

by deareponine123

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

★★ Novice

Splicing is not producing the new hybrid variety for me either. 

As a side note, none of the skill level cheats are working either (on my PC). I'm going to try disabling all my CC tonight and see if that helps. 

Message 11 of 82 (6,921 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

Hero
Read all about cheat issues here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/td-p/6382726/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 82 (6,914 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

As far as I can tell the problem is that grafting doesn't seem to change when the base plant is in season, so if you graft cherry (summer) onto apple (fall) to get pomegranate (winter, I think), it will only be in season in fall and you can't ever harvest cherries or pomegranates.

At least that's how it seems to be happening in my game.

Message 13 of 82 (6,877 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 82 (6,833 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problems (evolving and splicing) but all of my plants are "sheltered" (inside a greenhouse) so they bloom in every season. I still don't get the 'new' plants (orchids, dragon fruit's and so on) so I don't think it necessarily is because of the og plant being out of season tbh...

Message 15 of 82 (6,817 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issues, described in the post - I wonder when they'll be resolved Frown

Message 16 of 82 (6,755 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I played my game thru 3 full Sim years with the default setting for the seasons.
My spliced strawberry / snapdragon plant includes dragonfruit in the description thanks to the recent patch. However no dragonfruit has appeared to harvest.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 17 of 82 (6,672 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having a similar problem. 

I'm well into my second sim year now, and I've had spliced plants ready to produce Dragon Fruit, Orchids and Birds of Paradise for over a year without ever actually producing one. My plants are all in a greenhouse, always fertilised and kept in good condition. Still no new spliced produce.

Not sure if this is part of the same problem or a different one, but all of my plants are also taking an absolute month of Sundays to get ready to evolve. They're always fertilised, I have three gardeners, so they get weeded, watered, sprayed and talked to daily, but it's been over a year and they're all sitting in the dead zone between Nice and Excellent. 

Message 18 of 82 (6,645 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well.

After many, many, in-game days, one of my Chrystanthemum/Tulip spliced plants finally produced a single Bird of Paradise.

It seems that the rate of growth on spliced plants is really skewed terribly.

Before the update, it seemed to be nearly even odds of any harvestable to grow from a spliced plant's possible crops.

But now it seems abnormally weighted so that the base crop is showing up the most, grafted cuttings show up less (sometimes only 1 or 2 per harvest), and the special grafting combo crops are barely showing up at all, even after multiple harvestings.

I don't have the Seasons EP yet, either.

Message 19 of 82 (6,618 Views)

★ Pro

@EuphorialQueen,  This might sound odd but have you checked your household inventory for dragonfruit?  In my case, I had a snapdragon/dragonfruit/cowberry plant that was full of snapdragons and dragonfruit that I hadn't havested before applying the most recent patch.  I happened to enter the household inventory and there were cowberries in there, much to my surprise, lol.

Message 20 of 82 (6,600 Views)