Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Spliced plants don't show plant name they're coming from

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, probably some others, but this is about gardening... a BASIC function. Don't have Seasons yet but i can tell it's in preparation for the new Seasons expansion.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at (mouse over) a spliced plant
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't tell what splices are on the plant. just says "spliced plant". Even researching the plant only reveals what the original plant is (potato). (It's not just me, even Rosemow can't see her splices.)
What do you expect to see? The names of all splices (potato, onion, carrot, garlic).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch on 6/19/18

The latest patch (on 6/19/18) has made gardening very different and difficult in some ways. I can't see my splices on my many spliced plants (so how can i know which is which and whether i've already spliced a cherry onto that apple tree?)

Also when i 'cheat' and right click the plant, i see a "Set Gardening State" option but no explanation as to what this means. If i choose "arid" does that mean i won't be able to water UNTIL they are arid? Or does it mean something else?

Basically the patch changed a basic part of the game with no explanation whatsoever.

Help! I really need to see my splices.

Message 1 of 17 (2,682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Spliced plants don't show plant name they're coming from

Hero

• Spliced plants now have a proper description so you know what comprises their genetic makeup.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.83

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (2,953 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

★★★ Novice
Also since the patch plants are not evolving.
Message 2 of 17 (2,611 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant

[ Edited ]
Hero

Using this for the splice issue.

The rest about the new gardening doesn't sound like a bug but rather feedback so you may wanna post about it in the feedback forums.

Thanks

@Marski746 Please create a separate thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (2,610 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Spliced plants don't show plant name they're coming from

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I have the exactly same bug as yours. Hope to be fixed. 

11.png

Message 4 of 17 (2,558 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Aye, I'm having this issue too. Removed my mods just to make sure it wasn't a conflict and nope, it's definitely an EA issue.

Message 5 of 17 (2,518 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,460 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Having the same problem.  I grafted cherry on to apple and the tree just says spliced plant and is only producing apples.  No cherries or pomegranates.  I also grafted snapdragon on to strawberry, again, it's just named spliced plant and I'm getting both snapdragons and strawberries but no dragonfruit.  I've harvested them both lots of times and it's always the same.

I'd taken a break from the game until Seasons came out so I don't know if the problem started with the patch or the expansion for me.  I have all the packs except for My First Pet Stuff and had no mods installed at first to see how the game did.  The grafting issues are the same with or without my mods (MCCC and Playable Pets).

Message 7 of 17 (2,383 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also, having this issue. After repairing the game I created a a new household and started her right off with gardening. I had 12 plants in my greenhouse. I have been gardening now for nearly 40 days. She is at Gardening level 7 and has 3-4 plants that have actually evolved. One of them, which I planted after, the 12 was my banana tree that I actually planted outside and evolved pretty quickly. Also, I spliced two of them and it doesn't show what they are. 

Message 8 of 17 (2,372 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue.

Additionally, I have found that fertilizing does not provide progress to the evolution of plants as it should.

I have fertilized the same plant 6-7 times and the Quality Progress bar does not move at all. It is inside, in a garden box, and it IS in Season. I am not sure if anyone else experiences this.

Message 9 of 17 (2,358 Views)

Hero
Hi @Infynyx

could you please create a new thread for that issue. This is about the splicing

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (2,340 Views)