Re: [RE-OPEN] Spliced Garden Shoot inventory glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Novice
I'm having this problem too and it's really frustrating.
Message 71 of 78 (975 Views)

Re: Grafting and Splicing Issue

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Mai wrote:

Hi @JDscrubZ1,

There's not a workaround right now, but you might want to check if splicing a home-grown plant allows you to graft another home-grown plant.

-Mai

I just started a brand new save with a newly created Sim to focus on the Nature Aspirations. He has collected and planted several different plants near his home lot in Newcrest.
Still not able to graft and any cuttings have the generic description.

Side Note: I rarely go to Granite Falls but did this time to (hopefully) complete the related aspiration. I noticed that after collecting from 'Unidentified' plants they are now showing as 'Wild Plants'. I also attempted to get cuttings from some of the GF plants and they were also duds and had the generic labels.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 72 of 78 (939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting this too. I took 4 cuttings each from a different plant of snapdragon, 1 per plant, in Willow Creek and one from my neighborhood on my home lot of a cherry tree. All of the shoots ended up this way. All of the shoots say spliced shoot and attempting to graft them to plants thinking the text was maybe just not working resulted in about 75% of the grafting animation happening but the plant remains unchanged and the shoot remains in my inventory. This is problematic for me because now I have to rely on backroad methods to try and force this to work or give up on this particular sim's playthrough because it'll disrupt her story as I intended to play it. Please fix this soon guys!

Message 73 of 78 (891 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having that issue, too. Do the patch fixes only apply to new saves? The save I'm playing is from when only the base game and maybe Outdoor Retreat? were out.

Message 74 of 78 (864 Views)

Hero

It's an issue that was fixed a while a go and now is back.

It's currently broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 78 (859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you've got the new packs it'll still affect your game I believe. My understanding is that this has happened before and got patched but something rebroke it. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix because it's a resurfacing bug, not a whole new monster, but for now we've got what we've got.

I hear tell that growing the plants yourself allows you to take proper shoots, so you might have to harvest, plant and take a cutting on your home lot for it to work. Additionally, make sure to take only one cutting at a time because the shoots have a tendency to pile all into a single graft and with a limited supply, you'll want to avoid that. I haven't tested this though, so it still might not work, just a suggestion.

Message 76 of 78 (846 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same issue here, the only time it works is on my own lot. Even worse, trees don't seem to bear fruit either. I've been stuck trying to create Death Flower (Pomegranate) for ages now! I can't get cherries at all..
Message 77 of 78 (791 Views)

Hero

Fixed in Patch 1.28.25

• Taking a cutting from a wild plant will once again identify the plant from which it was taken.

NOTE: I'm marking this as fixed and will lock this as this thread has become a bit of a multiple issue thing

If you still have issues with grafting, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 78 (6,553 Views)