Re: Gardening splicing/grafting bug

by vexis58

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Yea basically for the animation reset to give more detail, if i'm using one of the broken cuttings, the sim leans over the plant and begins the "tying" animation on top of the plant, but partway thru that, the animation stops and the sim resets to just standing next to the plant as if nothing had ever been started. 

Interestingly I tried grafting a correctly named shoot onto the same plant after the first one failed and the correctly named one failed also. Not sure how related this is or not. It was a grafting of a strawberry shoot onto a spinach plant. The plant the strawberry shoot came from was "Very Nice" quality, while the Spinach plant was only "Nice" quality, so perhaps it failed because I was trying to graft a nicer quality shoot onto a lower quality existing plant? 

I moved to a different ungrafted plant <Normal Parsley> in my garden and grafted the correctly named strawberry shoot onto that plant and it worked however. It overrode the Very Nice Strawberry shoot and made the plant Normal as a combo of both. 

Perhaps this is another facet then of this bug? If you try to graft one of the "broken" shoots onto a plant, that plant can't be grafted even with a "correct" shoot. Perhaps for a certain amount of time? 

Now I have found more strangeness. I saved and exited the game. Then reloaded it. Now I tried to graft grapes onto the same plant that failed with the strawberries, it grafted correctly, the plant returned to an earlier growth stage, but now I somehow have a Spinach+Strawberry+Grapes plant.??? Even though when it failed before it let me keep the Strawberry cutting and I was able to use that cutting successfully on another ungrafted plant? 

This issue seems to get more convoluted the more testing I do with it. LOL 

Message 31 of 78 (965 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happens to me too since the City Living update. If I take a cutting from any wild plant, either in my own neighborhood or in another city, it'll have the blank plant name, and if I try to graft it onto one of my home plants, it'll fail. However, cuttings from plants on my home lot still work perfectly fine.

This makes acquiring new plants for grafting much more difficult, as I have to go to a lot, hang out there long enough for it to be harvestable, plant it on my home lot, then take a cutting from that plant to use for grafting, rather than just taking a cutting from the wild plant.

Message 32 of 78 (942 Views)

Re: Cuttings lose identification when travelling.

Hero

Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 78 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Annoying to be sure. I believe the latest status of this is it's being tested to see if it can be repeated. And a SimGuru has asked for copies of savegames. If you look a few posts back you will see Crin's post about how/where to upload a savegame to for this. A bit of a hint about finding the correct savegame, since the game dosent apply your save names to the actual save files the easiest thing to do is make a new save of that game and then in your saves folder <normally in your documents folder, then Electronic Arts --> The Sims 4 --> Saves > look for the "Slot_00000XXX.save" that is the highest # and if you are looking at it in Explorer you should see that it has the latest date/time on it's properties also. 

Good Luck and let's hope we can somehow get this bug smashed for good. 

Message 34 of 78 (933 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this issue and I can't figure it out...I even re-started growing all the plants, then trying to graft, still does not work

have repaired...was working before but for whatever reason when i moved my sim family it stopped working

how to fix?

Message 35 of 78 (921 Views)

Re: Cuttings lose identification when travelling

Hero

I don't think there's currently a workaround. At least I'm not aware of one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 78 (913 Views)

★★ Apprentice

To the best of my knowledge anything planted on your home lot should still work correctly. When you moved the game normally by default moves everything on you lot as far as furniture and accessories and such into your families inventory. It seems to me if you move things from there back into garden plots on your lot they should still work for grafting and such. I however have not tried this yet as I havent moved a family since before I had a sim get into gardening and noticed this issue. I am planing a move soon and will see how things work out putting plants from my family inventory onto my new lot. 

This SHOULD work ok as the only thing that seems to be consistent about this bug for most people is that anything growing/grown on your home lot should work ok for splicing. If not that could be a whole new facet of this problem they may have to figure out. 

Message 37 of 78 (906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem.

Any cuttings I take from other places than my home lot lose their identification and doesn't work when I try to graft it onto my home lot plants. The grafting animation starts but stops before it is completed.

Any cuttings I take from my home lot plants works just fine when I graft them onto a plant.

I just bought the game yesterday and have no mods or custom content. I have Get To Work, Dine Out, Spa Day, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout and Perfect Patio.

I have tried repairing the game, uninstalling and installing it again and I've tried to make 2 new families but they also have the bug. None of the things I've tried have helped.

I have uploaded my save files to the link posted and named it my username.

I really hope that this will be fixed soon Standard smile

Message 38 of 78 (889 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too. It was game-breaking (for me, playing a gardening sim) until I read this thread and learned that it still works for home plants. At least I hope it does, gonna go test it now. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, thanks guys

Message 39 of 78 (848 Views)

★★ Guide

I too am having this issue since installing City Living. Cuttings from plants on other lots lose their identification and cannot be grafted. Cuttings taken from my home lot and grafted there still seem to work fine.

I'm on macOS 10.12 (Sierra), all expansions and packs, no mods or cc.

Message 40 of 78 (836 Views)