[FIXED] Sometimes not able to clean dishes

by PimBARF

Original Post

Re: Sometimes not able to clean dishes

★★★ Newbie
I was having the same problem, then I noticed there was a dirty dish in my microwave, so I went into build mode and deleted the microwave and got a new one, then tried to clean my dishes and it worked.
Message 61 of 84 (2,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice

if you can't get a plate out of the microwave, open build/buy, drag it in to your household inventory. This will eperate the microwave and plate. drag the plate to delete and put the microwave back. I hope this helps have a great day.:womanwink:

Message 62 of 84 (2,113 Views)

Sims 4 Cleaning plate and Breaking Bathrooms

★★★ Novice

Hey there. I was just wondering why that when I tell a sim to clean a dish that they simply pick up the plate and then put it back down where they picked it up. I do have proper working sinks. Also. My toilets and showers keep breaking. Any ideas? 

Message 63 of 84 (1,940 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cleaning plate and Breaking Bathrooms

Hero

Merged your thread with existing bug report.

For your other issue, please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Appliances-Plumbing-breaks-insanely-often/td-p/34596...

@ohyea101 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 84 (1,929 Views)

★★★ Novice

This issue is now turning a good game into a very annoying experience.  Can somebody from EA please fix this, we are really getting fed up with this issue, it is ruining our game experience.

Message 65 of 84 (1,877 Views)

★ Novice

I just encountered this issue and I thought I would chime in with the insight that I had about it.  I've encountered this issue twice and both times it was the result of me dragging and dropping a meal from the counter where my sim placed it, to the table where I wanted it served from.  In both cases, the bug cleared up once I dragged the meal to the trash can.

Message 66 of 84 (1,862 Views)

Hero

I do believe it's a routing issue but it can have several causes. From something becoming 'unreachble' to something in the way of the Sim. Instead of the waving animation, they just drop it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 84 (1,859 Views)

Re: Can Not Clean Dishes without Trashcan

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem too. They collect the dishes, walk to the sink, then put them down. I can click and drag the dishes to the sink or trashcan, but they won't do it themselves. I found that removing the custom music I had in the game allowed my Sims to finally wash the dishes, but when I loaded up the game again the next time (still with no custom music) they will not wash dishes anymore.

Message 68 of 84 (1,837 Views)

Can Not Clean Dishes or throwaway food

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the patch a couple days ago, my can't clean up dirty dishes or throw things away. 

Message 69 of 84 (1,832 Views)

problems.Sims cleaning and maid no show

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Ever since the most recent update, my sims 4 on pc has been acting strange. I have neat sims however they pick up the plate and place it down. There are 6 sinks in my home and 2 trashcans. All accessible. My maid no longer comes but game says she's hired.
Message 70 of 84 (1,828 Views)