by PimBARF

Original Post

Re: Sometimes not able to clean dishes

Hero

Yes, EA does read here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 84 (2,388 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just had this issue, deleting the file "localthumbnailcache" in the MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/Sims 4 folder seems to have corrected it, at least for now.

Message 52 of 84 (2,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I think this bug is related to the bugged microwave ovens, not tried with coffee/tea brewers though . If some sim forgets a dish there you can not empty the oven after that. Not able to empty it prevents sims to clear dishes. Removing all ovens fixes the bug. It's annoying bug. The ovens become not useable. Upgrading them costs, and buying them is ridiculous. I haven't noticed such bug before, it happens with the last update only. For me 100% reproducable. Leave something in oven, clear dishes bug is guarateed. Delete ovens - the bug disappears.

Message 53 of 84 (2,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yep same issue with food left in microwave. Placed microwave into inventory and they started cleaning again
Message 54 of 84 (2,297 Views)

★★ Apprentice
This bug is not related to microwave ovens because I get it in lots with no microwave or coffee machine etc. It is nothing to do with chairs facing the wrong way either or having or not having a trash can. It's an EA coding bug and can only be fixed by always deleting all your cache files before you play,
Message 55 of 84 (2,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've recently started having this problem in a well established family that was cleaning up dishes just fine yesterday. I made no changes in the design to the kitchen in that time. They simply pick the dishes up and then immediately put them back down. There's no indication of anything wrong and it doesn't matter what room the dishes are in. Kitchen, living room, outside, doesn't matter. I doublechecked the sinks and nothing is blocking them. They can wash their hands/brush their teeth. 

Coinciding with this, they no longer will take servings of food out of the fridge. I have to set it on the counter. This started at the same time they stopped doing dishes. Nothing is blocking the fridge and they can put food INTO it, but not take food OUT of it.

Message 56 of 84 (2,233 Views)

Re: My sims won't clean dishes

★★★ Newbie
i've been having the same problem too and I just figured out that if you reload your save it I'll just fix the whole problem for you and you won't have to deal with it. If it doesn't work for you then I'm sorry but it did for me.
Message 57 of 84 (2,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

And If none of these solutions work for you, try making sure that there is nothing in your microwave or oven. I noticed there was a bowl stuck in the microwave and my Sim couldn't get to it. So I sold the microwave and bought a new one. Problem was solved.

Message 58 of 84 (2,224 Views)

Re: My sims won't clean dishes

★ Guide

@Lameous wrote:
i've been having the same problem too and I just figured out that if you reload your save it I'll just fix the whole problem for you and you won't have to deal with it. If it doesn't work for you then I'm sorry but it did for me.

Reloading worked for me but only after several reloads. The first reload didn't solve it (I always reload before reporting a bug because so many go away after a reload). Came back to report my game was back to normal when I saw this post. Reloading DID work for me but it wasn't as simple as one. It was on the third reload they started being able to clean dishes again. So, your mileage will vary.

Message 59 of 84 (2,219 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I had the exact same problem. I exited the game and when I reloaded the game the next day, my sims were washing dishes just fine. Try exiting you game (I saved mine) and reopen it.
Message 60 of 84 (2,193 Views)