[FIXED] Sometimes not able to clean dishes

by PimBARF

Original Post

Re: Sometimes not able to clean dishes

★★★ Newbie

I had exactly the same issue and it was driving me crazy. 

What happened is that there was a dish stuck in the microwave that they couldn't remove and thus the microwave wasn't usable either.

I guess because they couldn't get this dish, they didn't know what to do.

I put the microwave in my inventory and it took out the spoiled food.

Once I put the empty microwave back, everything went back to normal and my sims could clean up all the dishes again.

Hope that helps! 

Message 41 of 84 (2,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It worked thanks!!!!!

>>>

What happened is that there was a dish stuck in the microwave that they couldn't remove and thus the microwave wasn't usable either.

I guess because they couldn't get this dish, they didn't know what to do.

I put the microwave in my inventory and it took out the spoiled food.

Once I put the empty microwave back, everything went back to normal and my sims could clean up all the dishes again.

Hope that helps! 

Message 42 of 84 (2,938 Views)

★★ Pro
In my case, there was a microwave on the counter. After deleting it, it worked for me.
Message 43 of 84 (2,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

sigh...After deleting the microwave, it looked like I fixed this but now even I don't have any microwave and I always cook food in the oven but I got it back.

Message 44 of 84 (2,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Does anyone know if the latest patch (01/13/2015 – Version 1.3.32.1010) has solved the dishes bug?  I don't see anything in the patch notes.

Message 45 of 84 (2,867 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't believe it did.  My game is fully patched and I'm still having this problem. 

Message 46 of 84 (2,859 Views)

Hero

No, I don't think it was fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 84 (2,855 Views)

Issues with doing dishes

★★★★ Novice

My sims often times wont do the dishes or will start to do them but put them down mid-task and I have to keep telling them. 

There seems to be a similar issue when doing other tasks as well, for a while it was reading books.. sometimes I'll have them go 

cook something and the action seems to cancel out. 

Also, one of my sims left some dishes in on the sidewalk like a bum.. but now I cant seem to do anything about them. I try to have

my sim clean them but it tells I need a sink or trash can to do that. For the record, there's a sink and trashcan on my lot but I'm guessing

that's not good enough.. I need a sink and trashcan on the sidewalk??

Message 48 of 84 (2,841 Views)

Re: Issues with doing dishes

Hero

@sarasim16 Merged your thread although it might be slightly different.

The sidewalk bug also has it's own thread. You might wanna consult the compiled list for that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 84 (2,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Does EA browse this forum?  I'm assuming they're aware of the problem?

I really want to buy the Sims 4 but this bug made me refund the game.   The sooner they fix it they sooner I can "rebuy" the game.

Message 50 of 84 (2,831 Views)