http://youtu.be/pOLT5sDswRI

Message 21 of 84 (6,214 Views)

Re: Dishes do not want to be clean.

Hero

@Deckete Merged with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 84 (6,212 Views)

Re: Dishes do not want to be clean.

★★★★★ Apprentice
Ohh, sorry. I had looked all threads to see if someone had the same bug, but have not seen this.
Message 23 of 84 (6,210 Views)

Re: Sometimes not able to clean dishes

★★★★★ Novice

This is what I experience too. 

What I have found, at least in my case, is that you can queue up the action to "clean" a dish, but once they finish eating, the sim waves their hands in confusion and the action errors. You have to wait for them to set the empty plate down again and then tell them to clean the plate.

I hope they are able to fix this to work how it does in TS3, because I like queing up the action to clean the plate before they are done eating, and then add in a few more actions to their queue so that I don't have to micromanage them and can move on to other sims in the household.

Message 24 of 84 (6,203 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue as well, my Sims and sometimes the maid, will just pick the dish up and put it back. I noticed the following:

Dishes in different rooms: seems to happen when dishes are in different rooms (i.e. they ate at a desk in the study room and now there are new dishes in the kitchen and they cannot seem to get both).

Open>choose dish vs Eat quick meal: when dishes are left out from these two options the sims seem to have a difficult time picking up both types

Bowls vs plates: not sure about this one, but it seems like they want to stack the dishes in a certain order, or get all plates and all bowls at once.

Usually I just make them pick up each dish over and over and then finally they will stack them properly and wash them.

>>I want to also mention, it's super annoying how they get up all the time and move seats for no reason. It makes eating take much longer and is completely useless and unproductive. I undersand if they are moving to talk to someone who is technically too far away, but often they'll do this just sitting next to the person (and not to re-position themselves to say watch tv). 

Message 25 of 84 (6,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I should be able to put the chairs diagonally if I want to, I shouldn't have to be limited to how I set up my house.  Also It seemed as if they were trying to pick up all of the dishes from meal A and then the dishes from mean B and so on (I had a party) and they just give up half way through.  I really do hate dragging the dishes to the trash or sink all the time...

Message 26 of 84 (6,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

To me its happening like this:

placing two or several, 2/3 tile dinnings tables one beside the other in an attempt to make a large table makes sims just grab the dishes, sit on the nextmost seat and put them back on the table and cancel the action when attempting to wash them. If I try again they will take all the dishes up again, sit on the previous chair and put dishes on the table and cancel the action, they keep repeating his and never take them to the sink.

Other than that, dishes on the floor, not sure why but my sims prefer to wash them on a bathroom far away rather than use the kitchen's sink

Message 27 of 84 (6,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I'm hoping this one is still being looked at!

I've noticed with this bug, that my sims can't wash the dishes if there are bar stools in the kitchen

I had my kitchen set up with some island counters and barstools - as soon as I deleted the barstools from the kitchen they were immediately able to wash the dishes

Kinda makes the island counters redundant when you can't place stools at them

Message 28 of 84 (6,102 Views)

My Sims Won't Wash Dishes.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

My Sims will not wash dishes no matter how I rearrange or refurbish their kitchen and trashcans.  Nor do they give any indication of why they won't wash dishes.

When I click the "Clean Up" option on the dish, they simply pick up the dish and place it back down.  Sometimes they will sit if there is a chair nearby.

Here is an example of the bug that someone else found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLT5sDswRI

Regards

Message 29 of 84 (6,098 Views)

Re: My Sims Won't Wash Dishes.

Hero

@theDadaist Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 84 (6,087 Views)