[FIXED] Sometimes not able to clean dishes

by PimBARF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sometimes not able to clean dishes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Sometimes my character or the maid cannot clean the dishes. They just pick it up and put it back down again. The maid tries it several times before giving up and leaving. It's annoying to have to manually delete the dishes, and becaus the maid takes more time she wants more money. It has happened when the dishes were sitting on a dining table and on a kitchen counter.

Hope this gets fixed.

Message 6 of 84 (91,141 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sometimes not able to clean dishes

Hero

• Fixed an issue where food that was left to spoil inside a microwave would prevent a Sim from being able to use or clean the microwave. In some cases this would also prevent the Sim from being able to clean up dishes anywhere on the lot.

Please give me feedback if this solves the whole issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 76 of 84 (84,259 Views)

All Replies

My sims won't clean dishes

★★★ Newbie

i have multiple useable sinks avaliable but they just put the dishes down on whatever surface they can find after gathering them all into a pile. i even tried hiring a maid to see if they could clean it but no success. please help!

Message 1 of 84 (92,255 Views)

Re: My sims won't clean dishes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Deleting all the dirty dishes in buy mode helped for me.

I think the bug happened when my character was carrying dirty dishes while I was redesigning the kitchen. Probably doesn't recognize the new sink or something.

Hope that helps

Message 2 of 84 (92,161 Views)

★ Novice

It may be a problem with diagonally facing chairs. Try making sure all your chairs are straight and see if that helps.

Message 3 of 84 (92,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this worked for me. the maid I had hired immediately cleaned the dirty dishes once i straightened all my diagnally placed chairs.

Message 4 of 84 (91,993 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this issue, my sims just pick up the dishes and put them back down.

Message 5 of 84 (91,942 Views)

Hero

Did you try moving them somewhere else ? Do you have good access to the trash can ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 84 (90,990 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, i moved the dishes to different places and in different rooms. Almost every room has a trashcan that is easily accessible and there is an outdoor thrascan right outside the main door. Sometimes it works when i move the dishes and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem like there are some places where they can get stuck, it looks quite random. However i did notice that it seem to occur more often when there is more then 1 dish in the room. They pick up the first dish, put it right next to the other one, and then keep on picking one up and placing them back down.

Message 8 of 84 (90,984 Views)

Hero

Added,

Might be the same as the canceling interactions with dishes problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 84 (90,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive hired a maid and watched them they even pick up the dirty dishes and just put back down. dont no what i should do as making my sims unhappy having dirty dishes around

Message 10 of 84 (91,337 Views)