Sims 4: Fertile Trait Locked/Wrongfully Considered Robot

by nzurbrick

Original Post

Daughter is a robot?

★★★ Newbie

I have a slight problem that I posted to a Facebook group and found I'm not alone in having. The other day I decided to expand my Sim's family by adopting a girl to go along with the boy we adopted and the 2 dogs we started out our family with. The thing is when I've went to buy traits for the girl, it says "not available for robots". She's a teenager and we adopted her from using the adoption agency via the phone. I have the base game, Seasons, Pets, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, First Pet, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room, and Movie Hangout. This isn't ALL of the traits that it is happening with only certain ones like Never Weary, Forever Full, and the ones that affect needs AND the fertile trait. Anyone know how to fix this problem even if using cheat codes? I should note that I don't use cheat codes for stuff other than motherlode to give my Sims money so that makes me even more confused as to how my daughter is a robot. People in the Facebook group have said they have noticed this same issue happening to them since the Sims 4 University patch hit.

Message 51 of 76 (1,572 Views)

Re: Daughter is a robot?

Hero
@gaymer77 Merged your post with bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 76 (1,531 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, it seems it's since last update (I didn't played until now since some months) and it seems EA won't repaired it even it is affecting a lot of people. What are they waiting for???

I think I already had the trait "fertile", but it is not affecting to my sim and it happens with a lot of NOT TEEN SIMS. I don't have any expansion. It happens without mods. Can, please, somebody fix or help us to fix this?? Nobody fixed it nor found a solution in almost half year?

Thanks...

PS: Sorry for my english and the reflood.

Message 53 of 76 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

This message really just means that you can't get the reward. It would be nice if the game gave the correct reason, such as "you don't have enough reward points," or "you already have this reward," but it wouldn't make any actual difference. You still wouldn't be able to get the reward. I expect that EA will fix this eventually but it's probably pretty low priority compared to some of the other bugs the game has right now.

Message 54 of 76 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am studying programming and put a message that tells you already have a reward or not enough points is something very basic when you implement a new stuff in game. In fact I can assure that it tells you haven't enough points, and I am pretty sure that it tells you already have this trait as well (it happens when I have enough points to buy something I am sure the sim doesn't has). Is a problem that appeared when the expansion of the university was launched, so that message has no sense and I still think is not the problem, I am sure of it.

Message 55 of 76 (1,371 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Some reward traits wrongfully say: Not available for robots

★★★ Apprentice

I have noticed this with the Gym Rat trait only for children. I was able to redeem other traits for them, and other traits that they're not eligible for gave the correct reason.

I thought it was kind of funny when I saw it lol.

Message 56 of 76 (1,279 Views)

Sims 4: Fertile Trait Locked/Wrongfully Considered Robot

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack, Get To Work, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Seasons, Parenthood, Perfect Patio Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I hover over the fertile reward, it says I cannot get it because my sim is a "robot." I have never created a robot, or seen a robot in my game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot have twins or triplets even though both of my sims previously purchased the reward before suddenly being considered robots.
What do you expect to see? Being able to use the fertile reward and have twins or triplets without an issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have reinstalled origin after resetting it, and Sims 4. I have also repaired the game and tried making duplicate folders and erasing the bad files. Nothing works. Please help me Frown

Message 57 of 76 (1,277 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Fertile Trait Locked/Wrongfully Considered Robot

Hero
@nzurbrick The message is a generic message for another reason why you can't buy it. Maybe not enough points ? It's a teen you want to give it too or if you bought it before.

If you already have it, then that's the reason you can't rebuy it. They should have the trait.

It's just a faulty message.

Merged your thread with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 76 (1,238 Views)

Fertile Reward Says Not Available for Robots

★★★ Novice

My sims are being considered robots after purchasing the fertile reward in Sims 4. I have tried uninstalling origin, sims 4, and reinstalling everything twice. My mac is updated, so is the game and I have repaired the game a million times. I have made a backup folder of my sims and tried playing from scratch and still I cannot use the fertile reward after purchasing it. I have tried every cheat and every non cheat, and gotten rid of mods and cc's and still can't get this to go away. I am about to delete this and be done. Starting to feel like it was a waste of money. 

EA has been unresponsive and one worker told me there was nothing he could do. Beyond frustrated.

I have never even created a robot or seen one in my game. I just want to be able to use the fertile reward.  

Message 59 of 76 (1,241 Views)

Re: Fertile Reward Says Not Available for Robots

[ Edited ]
Hero

@nzurbrick Merged your post you posted in the mac forum as well. It's not a mac issue, it's a bug .. but only a visual one as a wrong message is displayed. The game doesn't think your Sim is a robot, it just pulls the wrong message.

See my answer above.

If you're don't get multiple babies, it could be purely bad luck. There's also a bug report for that specifically here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Fertile-Trait-not-working/td-p/8632454

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 76 (1,229 Views)