Re: [OPEN] Social events cancelled early

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Novice

So far only when I send a text to a friend and then they invite me out. When I invite someone out it doesn't do this. 

Message 31 of 58 (1,729 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm wondering: is the AHQ staff or TS QA team aware of this issue? It started to happen since GT came out and is still an issue to this date.

Message 32 of 58 (1,715 Views)

Hero

Pretty sure they are.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 58 (1,709 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have been having issues regarding dates. When my sims get invited somewhere, by a friend or romantic interest, for an actual date, or to hang out. Occasionally, the person who asked her will not arrive, arrive then leave straight away, or in the most recent case. Already be at a venue, with a different date. (awkwaaaard)

This doesn't happen all the time, and has only been happening after the second to most recent update.

Message 34 of 58 (1,686 Views)

★ Novice

It happens to me pretty much every time my sims are invited out, or even if they invite a Sim out, themselves!  It's to the point I just don't accept invites to go anywhere from sims I'm not actively playing and just end up sending the family I'm currently focused on, out for fun. 

So far this issue thankfully hasn't crossed over to Dine Out, as dinner invites still work, but any of the invites out to Clubs or dance parties are the most effected.  Kinda sad, considering I love the dance parties!

Message 35 of 58 (1,647 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Sims that send invites to the active Sim will no longer immediately leave after the Sim has accepted the invitation and joined the event.
  • Ah the ol’ shake hands, run fingers through hair gag. Oh you… yea… you.

This has been addressed in Patch 1.24.102

I'm taking feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 58 (8,698 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am still experiencing it. The sims don't appear afetr asking for date and I am hanging there waiting.

Message 37 of 58 (1,517 Views)

Hero
  • Do they not appear at all or appear and leave immediately ?
  • Are you using mods in your game ?
  • Is this on a fresh save game or an existing one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 58 (1,513 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's still happening to me after the patch, though admittedly it is an older save so maybe the problem isn't fixed for pre-existing saves? I haven't had time to test on a fresh game, but I do know that it happens without mods.  I will note that it doesn't happen to me every single time my Sims get invited somewhere. Usually, invites to dance parties, bar nights, or group hangouts work fine, and dates work more often than not as well. The most problematic invites for me are birthday parties (birthday Sim is rarely present) and the invites you get after you send someone a text (Happy, Flirty Text, etc) - the Sim inviting mine out will leave immediately at least 75% of the time. 

Message 39 of 58 (1,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does it matter where the event is taking place ? Like homes, apartments, Community lots ?

Do they always appear and then leave or sometimes not appear at all ?

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 58 (1,504 Views)