Re: NPC Sim disappearing upon arrival after inviting my Sim out

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Social events cancelled early

★★ Novice

After installing the expansion pack, I have noticed a great deal of new interactions and features that take my sims to 'events' hosted on separate lots. Whether this is an over the phone invite to a party or an event that happens to start while my sim is on the active lot, it will not generate the event correctly.

One event, my sim sent a 'flirty text', there is a response and invite to 'grab drinks at ____'. Upon confirmation and arrival at the destination, the sim that had invited my sim leaves and the event ends. (This happens most frequently, with the Invitor leaving immediately)

Another event, my sim receives a call to an event, such as a 'dance party' or 'club hangout party' at a specific location; upon arrival, the location is not equipped for an event (such as the ruins) and no guests arrive. I have also experienced two events at the ruins that were in immediate procession of eachother. This did not load properly, did not allow me to leave the lot, and I had to mantually terminate the event.

Message 11 of 58 (7,053 Views)

Friends asking to hang out, then disappear at venue (mac)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but several times now I have been asked to (on a date, Bear's night, etc.) 

As soon as we arrive the friend will vanish (I see them disappear on screen). 

Message 12 of 58 (7,039 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Social events cancelled early

★ Apprentice

This has been happening to me since I got Get Together and it still happens. 100% of the time when my sims get invited out the other sim will leave and the event cancels within a minute. How has this not been fixed yet?

Message 13 of 58 (7,025 Views)

hang out with friends

★★★★★ Novice

Whenever a sim calls my sim to hang out with them at another location, or texts my sim to meet them at a separate venue, and my sim accepts the invitation, after my sim arrives at the venue, the sim who invited him/her always leaves the venue. They never stay, even if my sim has a conversation with them.  I think the sim who invited my sim out should stay and hang out with him/her.

Message 14 of 58 (7,016 Views)

Sims 4 date ending early?

★★★★★ Novice

Recently, in Sims 4 I have initiated dates which have ended around 30 seconds after the date beginning with no explanation. Nothing obvious sticks out as a possible cause, and I have not had a problem like this before. I have GTW and GT explansion packs, and a bit of custom content(which is only hair stuff). I can't seem to find an answer anywhere either.

Message 15 of 58 (6,993 Views)

Re: Sims 4 date ending early?

Hero

Hi @Katz_Drawings

merged with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 58 (6,974 Views)

NPC Sim disappearing upon arrival after inviting my Sim out

★★★★★ Novice

Hello

Started a new game recently and experienced a bug – no mods or cc. I have all the expansion and game packs installed – none of the stuff packs. I’ve only noticed this on my most recent play through which I started yesterday. Windows 8.1 64 bit

My sim was invited out by an npc (npc initiated “heard a rumour of a party” etc). Upon arriving at the destination (Get Together, Chalet) the NPC vanished after a few moments. This bug happened again after my Sim sent a flirty text to them a few Sim-days later  – the npc initiated an invite to go get drinks (another GT location). Upon arrival the npc vanished after a few moments.

The NPC Sim in question is Katrina Caliente from the Caliente household in Oasis Springs.

Thanks very much for your time and any help would be appreciated

Message 17 of 58 (6,930 Views)

Re: NPC Sim disappearing upon arrival after inviting my Sim out

Hero

Hi @salkanat

merged with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 58 (6,921 Views)

Sims call to hang out, then disappear

★ Novice

I'm having an issue with my sim friends standing me up and I'm wondering if this is just another issue from the latest patch.

So basically my sim will get a call from a friend asking to go to a party, grab drinks, etc. and when I click accept, I'm transported to the lot, and after maybe 30 seconds the event will suddenly disappear along with the other sims who invited me. I thought it was just bad timing on my part so I tried again the next day in-game and it happened again. Super weird.

Also, I'm worried about the long term psychological effects these flaky friends are having on my poor sim

Message 19 of 58 (6,901 Views)

Re: Sims call to hang out, then disappear

I am not sure if it's a bug @dsteffya. But I moved your topic to the bug forum.

For now do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 20 of 58 (6,884 Views)