Sim Disappears right after inviting my sim to grab drinks

by belven56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Social events cancelled early

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I would assume this is a Get Together specific issue since the social events were overhauled further than the 4th December patch.

When my sim receives a call either randomly or after sending an emotionally charged text and asked to hang out at any lot, the caller will briefly chat with my sim upon arrival and then leave the lot, thereby ending the social event (The timer in the top left disappears with hours left on it).

It doesn't seem to be tied to the caller having a career as it's happened when they have been unemployed.

Message 1 of 58 (10,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Social events cancelled early

Hero

Sims that send invites to the active Sim will no longer immediately leave after the Sim has accepted the invitation and joined the event.
  • Ah the ol’ shake hands, run fingers through hair gag. Oh you… yea… you.

This has been addressed in Patch 1.24.102

I'm taking feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 58 (8,585 Views)

All Replies

Re: Social events cancelled early

Hero

Yap, seen that too. 

My Sim was invited to a birthday party and when he got there, the party was already over.

Adding this tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 58 (10,001 Views)

Re: Social events cancelled early

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 58 (9,987 Views)

Sims invite you to a venue and then leave immediately

I have had this bug occur 100% of the time while playing after adding Get Together and the Dec patch. I get an invite to a party or nightclub and when I arrive, the sim that invited me immediately waves goodbye and leaves the lot. I can't force them to stay on the outing even by adding them to a group. So anytime you get invited by your phone to a party, the sim that called or sent you the text invitation will show up at the venue but immediately leave you there.

Message 4 of 58 (9,987 Views)
Highlighted

Sim Disappears right after inviting my sim to grab drinks

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I recently bought Get Together and my sim has a romantic interest that asked her if she wants to grab drinks. I accepted the offer and almost immediately after arriving at the venue, the event timer for "grabbing drinks" disappears and the other sim just waves goodbye and vanishes. I was wondering if it was an issue with one of my mods, so I removed the folder and ran the game without any modifications and it was still happening.

I also tried repairing the game to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 58 (9,970 Views)

Re: Sim Disappears right after inviting my sim to grab drinks

Hero

Hi @belven56 

I've merged your report with existing bug thread.

What time of the day is the date ? Could it be that the other Sim has to to work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 58 (9,964 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for merging the threads. It's reassuring to see that it's not just me with the issue.

The sim my sim is dating works as a librarian from like 7am-3pm or something like that, and I've tried to have dates at multiple times during the day from 9am-11pm and it happens every time without fail.

Message 7 of 58 (9,960 Views)

Hero

I've seen it in my game too. Just not every single time but very often.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 58 (9,956 Views)

NPCs leaving groups

★ Novice

I keep having a bug where NPCs will call my sims and invite them to an event.  As soon as the group arrives at the venue for date night or ladies night or whatever the NPC that invited me will immediately wave goodbye and leave the lot. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 9 of 58 (9,921 Views)

Re: NPCs leaving groups

Hero

Hi @ChessyC

merged with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 58 (9,911 Views)