Re: [OPEN] Social Interaction Welcome Wagon that does nothing appears

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Pro

I also have the same bug in game.

Happens every time my child comes home from school, both parents show the option.

Happens with and without all cc or mods.

Message 11 of 17 (959 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have been seeing this in all my saves too. Whenever I have a sim stay at home, and another comes home from work, I click on that sim and I see the "Welcome wagon" interaction appear. Nothing happens when I click on it. I have not tried this with children/teens coming home from school.

I thought it was like TS2, when some times children and other sims would welcome a sim home (especially if the child/teen had earned good grades that day). Family oriented (?) sims would also stand next to the side walk announcing their return home, giving you time to interact with them.

I have not tried it in my current save. No point to it, as it didn't do anything.
Message 12 of 17 (946 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have seen this when sims arrive home from work.  I had my sims click on it and they ran out outside and "saw" that their parent was home from work.  There wasn't an interaction between them.  They just ran out to have a look-see like on the "see what's happening" action.

Message 13 of 17 (917 Views)

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this ? 

@simvasion @tsmetana @Kathykins @twmuse @bellaclo13

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 17 (854 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am not seeing the Welcome Wagon option any more.  The kids will autonomously run to see whats happening when a parent returns from work now, but there isn't an option to send them to welcome them home anymore.

When they do run out, they (children) will sometimes run to just outside of the front door, where they can see the parent, do the giggle/excited dance then go back inside and back to doing whatever.  The action bubble says "see what's happening" or something like that.

Spoiler
Shannon.jpg

Toddlers will sometimes go out to meet the parent to be picked up.  The action doesn't say anything other than "be picked up".  The parent's action will say "pick up"  Then once they are holding the toddler, they will put them down. Most times they will then go inside, leaving the toddler outside.

Spoiler
Natalie.jpg

I haven't seen anything else on other age groups in awhile.

Message 15 of 17 (4,327 Views)

★ Pro
Seeing the exact same thing as @tsmetana. The Welcome Wagon option has stopped showing up as far as I have seen.
Message 16 of 17 (824 Views)

Hero
Thanks. Marking this as fixed then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (813 Views)