Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sleeping action is stuck in queue after being woken up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion pack and game packs. I have every stuff pack except bowling stuff, fitness stuff, luxury party stuff and my first pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When my sim is sleeping and then woken up by a child or toddler the action of sleeping does not go away.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sleeping action does not go away and every other action falls through because it says the sim is sleeping even if it is sitting at the kitchen table. When I try to cancel it then the 'x' stays on it for a bit, then it turns to its previous state like if the sim is doing the action of sleeping. It will not let me do anything with that specific sim too.
What do you expect to see? The sim gets woken up and the sleeping action is canceled in its queue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When my sim is sleeping and then woken up by a child or toddler the action of sleeping does not go away. Along with that, every other action falls through because it says the sim is sleeping even if it is sitting at the kitchen table. When I try to cancel it then the 'x' stays on it for a bit, then it turns to its previous state like if the sim is doing the action of sleeping. It will not let me do anything with that specific sim too. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 53 (29,856 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sleeping/bed bug

Hero

Sims stuck sleeping and couldn’t cancel that interaction? Not a product of a sci fi film as I
thought, but I can say that we have fixed this issue, well I hope.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 53 of 53 (6,426 Views)

All Replies

[PS4] Sleep Action Stuck in Queue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Parenthood, Dine Out, Vampires, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim sleep and fast forward. It may happen when they wake up.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sleep action is stuck in the queue and prevents any other action from being done.
What do you expect to see? No stuck sleep action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after the latest update.

Other people have had this problem too. What I do to make it go away is travel to another lot, but it takes a while with loading screens and all. It's tiring to continuously do that almost every morning. Not sure if the reset sim cheat works since I'm currently playing without cheats.

Message 1 of 53 (30,095 Views)

Re: Sleeping action is stuck in queue after being woken up

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Jem1277

I changed the summary of your thread so other users can find it easy if they run into the same problem. 

Have you tried repairing the game after removing your mods and CC?

Does this occur with a single sim, or with all the sims of the household? Does this occur on a specific save or also with a new mod free save?

Thank you for your report! 

Happy simming! Standard smile

Message 3 of 53 (29,730 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you @SimGuruIcarus

I tired repairing the game a couple times and it still is doing it. I have all my mods removed and CC.

It occurs with one sim in the household. If I change households then it will affect a new sim in that household. It occurs on all my saves that I have for the different games. Even with a new mod free save.

Message 4 of 53 (29,708 Views)

EA Staff

@Jem1277

Thanks for the info! We will try to reproduce this at our end Standard smile

Message 5 of 53 (29,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Jem1277

are you still having issues with this ? 

Have you tried renaming user folder and deleting cache files too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 53 (29,624 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hey there @Jem1277,

I've had this issue with one of my newer lots; it doesn't seem to get rid of the Sleeping action until you actually "leave" the lot, and even then, the issue tends to just re-apply itself from time to time.

I've seen it happen mostly on Single Beds that I put in the corner of rooms, usually with a nightstand or something nearby. The Sim is still able to do actions after you cancel the Sleep action (Even if it's stuck in the queue) but it can be a real hassle when you're on a lot with 8 Sims and one doesn't go to bed properly, or can't perform their actions properly because it keeps defaulting back to the broken "Sleep" action.

I've been having to use a 3rd-party tool to fix the issue whilst staying on the same lot, namely MC Command Center. There's a tool there called "Refresh Sim" that wipes out all actions in the Sim's queue and reloads their outfits; works like a charm.

That all said, I'm not advocating for you to grab a 3rd-party tool to resolve your issue, just that's something I've found helps me get around the issue occurring for me.

- B

Message 7 of 53 (29,600 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sleep Action Stuck in Queue

Community Manager (retired)

Are people still seeing this issue on the current version of the game? If so, could you possibly share a screenshot/video/save file? Thanks much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 53 (29,109 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT/A] Sleep interactions gets stuck in queue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? No expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Look at the queue for each Sim. 2. Find the Sleep action. 3. Stop the action 4. Nothing Happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? It happened to me just now, as of this writing. It first happened to my roommate and then after let's say an hour has passed (not in SIMS world time), the sleep queue is gone. After playing an hour or 2, both of my SIMS, my roommate and I, have the first queue action which is SLEEP that can't be stopped, but, THEY ARE NOT DOING. What happens is that when this shows in the queue, the sleep action; 1. They don't go to sleep 2. I can't stop the action. The x icon over the action is still there, it comes with a step (icon of two shoeprint, meaning walk, right?). It can't be stopped too. 3. When doing a specific action, for example in the bathroom. Flushing the toilet, using the toilet, taking a shower, washing hands. This can actually be done by piling up the queue of the sim right? But when this "bug" appeared, I can't do multiple tasks at once, they all cancel out. 4. So when you're trying to do on the other sim, and your sim should already have a task, they just stand there. Doing nothing. Still with the sleep action on the queue and the other queues are gone. PS. But when you tell them to sleep, they sleep. So there is now two Sleep action icons. The second one is the told action to go to sleep. The first sleep action icon does nothing.
What do you expect to see? They don't do anything. They just stand there and do nothing. All actions made for the sim been cancelled. They don't do the sleep action on the queue, but when told, they sleep, creating another icon on top of the "bug sleep icon"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It happened to me just now, as of this writing. It first happened to my roommate and then after let's say an hour has passed (not in SIMS world time), the sleep queue is gone. After playing an hour or 2, both of my SIMS, my roommate and I, have the first queue action which is SLEEP that can't be stopped, but, THEY ARE NOT DOING.

What happens is that when this shows in the queue, the sleep action;

1. They don't go to sleep
2. I can't stop the action. The x icon over the action is still there, it comes with a step (icon of two shoeprint, meaning walk, right?). It can't be stopped too.
3. When doing a specific action, for example in the bathroom. Flushing the toilet, using the toilet, taking a shower, washing hands. This can actually be done by piling up the queue of the sim right? But when this "bug" appeared, I can't do multiple tasks at once, they all cancel out.
4. So when you're trying to do on the other sim, and your sim should already have a task, they just stand there. Doing nothing. Still with the sleep action on the queue and the other queues are gone.

PS.

But when you tell them to sleep, they sleep. So there is now two Sleep action icons. The second one is the told action to go to sleep. The first sleep action icon does nothing.

Message 9 of 53 (29,379 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Sleep interactions gets stuck in queue

[ Edited ]
Hero

@apkobay17 can you get rid of it by going traveling ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 53 (29,362 Views)