[FIXED] Skintones Don't Work With Genetics (CAS or in-game)

by SerenaBeanie

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Skintones Don't Work With Genetics (CAS or in-game)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Game Version: 1.69.57.1020

Platform: PC, Win10

Expansions: Get Together, Get To Work, City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Vampires, Parenthood

Confirming the same issue and it seems repeatable 

Repaired game in Origin after updating, just to be safe, so doing that wont help

First, I tested in CAS with no mods

2 parents father lightest cool skintone, tweaked slightly with sliders to be lighter, mother darkest warm, tweaked slightly with sliders to be darker & warmer. Generated 6 kids using genetics, all of then randomised at least 4 times, all 6 had same skin tone which appears to be somewhere between to the lightest neutral and their fathers skin tone. Skin tone never changed during randomisation.

Tested again in game in fresh save with the same parents, only mods used MCCC and AllCheats to speed up things. 6 kids, all from natural try for baby, labour induced with MCCC and then caked to childhood. All 6 have same very light skin tone which appears to be their fathers skin tone

Here's a screenshot from in game (excuse the terrible clothes & makeup, everything was randomised). Will saves or tray files be needed?

12-09-20_3-50-20 PM.png

EDIT: Repeated the CAS bit with the same result, so its definitely repeatable, at least for those skin tones. Recorded it this time. here's a link to the video,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G75WNM0ldReuhnt-wbx-fUgKfJwK2kNT/view

Message 11 of 22 (2,009 Views)

Re: Skin Tone Error

Hero
@dartrices Could you please add a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 22 (1,817 Views)

Skin tone issue resulting in blue children

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC:1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Snowy Escape and Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using genetics in CAS. One parent has the bottom right Cool skin tone, doesn't matter if it's unchanged or customized. Other parent has Neutral skin tone - bottom row 2nd from left. Also doesn't matter if it's customized or not. When a child is created using the parent with these specific skin tones about 50% of the time the child has the pale blue miscellaneous skin (4th from left). I've tried with different sims and this specific combination results in the miscellaneous skin about half the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Skin glitch
What do you expect to see? An appropriate skin tone in relation to the parents
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New skin tone updated

The attached pics show the specific skin tones as well as the resulting child

Message 13 of 22 (1,803 Views)

Re: Skin tone issue resulting in blue children

★★★★ Apprentice
@EllsieBee I don't know if I laugh or cry...
Message 14 of 22 (1,712 Views)

Occult/Human Genetics Broken

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Luxury Party Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Get To Work, Spooky Stuff, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cats & Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Laundry Day Stuff, Dine Out, Discover University, Seasons, Tiny Living, Jungle Adventure, Island Living, Get Famous, Strangerville, Fitness Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby between a Human sim and an Occult Sim, or play with genetics in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? I've been working on the beginnings of a rotational save, and I have been making a few occult sims that i intend to pair up with human sims. Wanting to make sure i wasn't getting any funky looking kids, I was testing the genetics inside of CAS and I noticed that occult genetics were COMPLETELY broken. When playing with genetics in CAS, it works just fine if the sim you have selected is the occult sim, but this is literally the only instance in which the genetics work properly. If you have the human sim selected in CAS when playing with genetics, you will always get a human sim. So i decided to do some playtesting on a factory fresh game with no mods, and even playing in game mixing a human and occult sim will always result in a human sim being born (but they'll still have occult eyes/ears/ect). I tested this for all occults, save for aliens, because it skipped my mind, but I would hazard to guess that they're probably broken too.
What do you expect to see? The chance for a human/occult pairing to sometimes produce a human sim, and sometimes produce an occult sim. Currently there is no chance for an occult sim to be born.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch is when this started occurring

It seems to work fine with occult/occult pairings, so i believe this has something to do with the recent fix for hybrids. This is extremely annoying and a pretty huge bug with the genetics system, so not only are skintones broken, but so are the entire genetics of occult sims. If anyone else is willing, feel free to test this to see if it occurs for yourself.

Message 15 of 22 (1,685 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Skintones Don't Work With Genetics (CAS or in-game)

★★★ Newbie

Same!  I have two warm / darker skin toned Sims and their children are all very cool / light skin toned.  Very clearly not the middle of the two as they are both quite dark.

Message 16 of 22 (1,662 Views)

Re: Occult/Human Genetics Broken

Hero
@turtled0ve genetics are generally not working correctly since the new skin tones so I'm going to merge this with the main thread.

If you continue to have issues with occult specifically once this one gets fixed, I'll split your post again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 22 (1,648 Views)

Re: Skin Tone Error

★ Apprentice

@crinrictI have edited my post to include pictures.

Message 18 of 22 (1,597 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EllsieBee I think this might be related to my issue. One parent has a warm skin tone and one has cool. Maybe this explains why one of their 3 kids ended up red?

Message 19 of 22 (1,594 Views)

★★★ Novice

Could be. 

I've been playing around with it in game and so far the Miscellaneous skin is only happening from genetics in CAS.  Of 16 children born to a dad with the Cool skin tone and a mom with a Neutral skin tone, 7 have been Cool (not the same one as Dad) and 9 have been Warm.  No Neutrals. No Miscellaneous.  I used 2 different moms both with the same Neutral tone but one unchanged and customized.

Message 20 of 22 (1,566 Views)