Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Skin Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Toddler Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with a mid-dark skin sim. Glitch does not appear in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? I play the game with a mid-dark skin sim and the skin is uneven and has a pattern
What do you expect to see? Skin should be smooth and not have red and green chunky patches
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is what the glitch looks like

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 4 (2,721 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skin Glitch

Hero

We saw your feedback about the October skin tones update and, to improve clarity and transparency, we shared a first look on Twitter of the fix in progress. With this patch, the Console game gets the October fixes for texture compression, resolving the banding on the cheeks and foreheads as well as discoloration on the tip of the nose. In addition, this patch addresses the two community-identified issues of red dots around the lips and a dark blotch between the eyes. The red dots around the lips should be completely resolved at this time. The dark blotch between the eyes was softened to remove the hard edge, but the darkening is expected as part of the shadowing around the nose.

Marking this as fixed because of the skin tone update in Patch 1.68.154.

Please create a new thread if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (2,374 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@jjmmk5 Looks a bit like this ? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Houndstooth-Pattern-on-Sims-Skin/m-p/8635441

Could you post your computer specs as well as a screenshot of your graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,630 Views)

Hero
@jjmmk5 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (2,603 Views)

Hero

We saw your feedback about the October skin tones update and, to improve clarity and transparency, we shared a first look on Twitter of the fix in progress. With this patch, the Console game gets the October fixes for texture compression, resolving the banding on the cheeks and foreheads as well as discoloration on the tip of the nose. In addition, this patch addresses the two community-identified issues of red dots around the lips and a dark blotch between the eyes. The red dots around the lips should be completely resolved at this time. The dark blotch between the eyes was softened to remove the hard edge, but the darkening is expected as part of the shadowing around the nose.

Marking this as fixed because of the skin tone update in Patch 1.68.154.

Please create a new thread if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,375 Views)