Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Skill Bar Progresses Faster than expected at higher speed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all SPs and EPs except for Toddler Stuff, which I plan on getting soon.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim start building a skill, then speed up the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? At higher game speeds, the skill bar progresses much faster than it should. This even causes the skill progress to go over 100 percent a lot of the time. When I go back to normal speed, the skill progress drops back down. This issue persists even without mods or CC.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect the skill bar to accurately display skill progress, even at higher game speeds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For some reason, when I speed the game up while a Sim is building a skill, the skill bar progresses much faster than it should. Very often, the skill bar completely fills, and when I check the progress, it's over 100 percent. When I switch back to normal speed, the skill bar and progress immediately drops back to what it should be.

Message 1 of 19 (1,406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Skill Bar Progresses Faster than expected at higher speed

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Yup, I can confirm that since installing the recent patch and Cats and Dogs, I have no longer been having this problem.

View in thread

Message 18 of 19 (1,922 Views)

All Replies

Re: Skill Bar Progresses Faster Than it Actually is at Higher Game Speeds

Hero

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

sounds like some kind of lag. I'm not seeing this in my own game at all.

Do you also see this on a fresh save ? Has this been happening since the last patch or longer ?

Do you have any other kinds of lags ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (1,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

It's definitely been an issue in my game for at least several patches back. Other than the skill bar issue, the in-game clock often gets messed up when I speed up the game. This is probably another lag issue. Let's say I've had it on ultra speed while a Sim was sleeping. The sun could be rising, but the second I set it back to normal speed, it's dark again and a few hours back.

This isn't just occurring in one save. It's happening in all of them.

Message 3 of 19 (1,345 Views)

Betreff: Skill Bar Progresses Faster Than it Actually is at Higher Game Speeds

★★ Guide

I have the same problem. This happens since several patches and also on a new save.

Message 4 of 19 (1,320 Views)

Hero

Sounds like the usual lag issue then.

I might merge this but can I get your specs ?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

@puderosasims @Lorraine-Simmer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (1,312 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here. Admittedly my hardware isn't the best so it's obviously lag, but it can be frustrating when you're trying to gauge how long it'll take a sim to level up in a skill and then the progress bar jumps back down again.

Message 6 of 19 (1,303 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict I'm playing on a MacBook, so this won't work I'm afraid? Wondering

Message 7 of 19 (1,297 Views)

Hero

Here's how to post your specs for Mac:

To find the info about your Mac click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop then select About This Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (1,285 Views)

★★ Guide

Ah, right. Here are my specs:

Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mid 2014)
Operating System: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
CPU: 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Message 9 of 19 (1,241 Views)

Hero

Thanks

tagging @Bluebellflora for inspection of those :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (1,232 Views)