Re: [OPEN] Sketchpad - Loses all menu choices except "Paint from Reference&

by pepperjax1230

Original Post

★★★ Guide
How do you stop your sims from multitasking with it? I had 2 sketchpads they both broke and the sketchpad was worth 0 to sell back.
Message 11 of 22 (3,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@pepperjax1230 wrote:
How do you stop your sims from multitasking with it? I had 2 sketchpads they both broke and the sketchpad was worth 0 to sell back.

Honestly, I stopped using it unless I have a specific task that requires it. I had quite a struggle with keeping her from listening to music or talking while using the sketchpad and in the beginning, that $750 is really expensive!

You could use the "kaching" cheat to add $1000 to your bank if it happens again. That will offset the cost, plus a little more to compensate for your trouble Standard smile  I don't personally use cheats, unless it's to fix a bug, and this is definitely a bug. To compensate, press ctrl-shift-c to bring up the command window, type "testingcheats on" (type everything without the quotation marks) - "kaching" - "testingcheats off" - press ctrl-shift-c to close the window again. 

Message 12 of 22 (3,201 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Sketchpad - Loses all menu choices except "Paint from Reference

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Digitalistic Sketchpad will no longer occasionally lose the majority of its interactions.

Fixed in Patch 1.49.65

Please use this thread if you're still having issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Creating-sketches-breaks-Digitalastic-Sketchpad/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (24,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This just started happening to me today. It worked fine yesterday. I removed all mods, repaired and updated the game, and I still only get "Put in Inventory" or "Paint from Reference" as options. When painting from reference, all options are $100 and the action cancels out just before the camera comes up and no painting/sketch is made, but it doesn't cost any simoleons at least. Do I need to make a new report @crinrict?

Message 14 of 22 (3,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Let me test this first. Think we can just reopen this one if they put it back.

Try buying a new sketchpad for now and see if it breaks again.

Tagging @BlackjackWidow for input as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 22 (3,145 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I cannot replicate this problem (yet) in any of my saves, including the one that had the issue in the beginning.

@gardenlobster - A little more info needed. Did this happen before you updated or after? After removing your mods and doing a repair, did you buy a new digitalistic sketchpad? When the bug was fixed, we still needed to buy a new sketchpad. It never fixed a bugged one.

Try removing all mods and cc, then before you repair, delete the cache - great instructions from @crinrict here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/  Buy a new sketchpad and multitask to see if it breaks again. 

Definitely post back to let us know what happened.

Message 16 of 22 (3,136 Views)

Hero
Thanks for your input @BlackjackWidow

Yeah, def need some more troubleshooting then

Maybe your pad was broken before the repaired the bug ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 22 (3,132 Views)

★ Guide
No it wasn't. Still present as of this writing. Patch 1.51.
Message 18 of 22 (3,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Was it the exact scenario described on the first post that made it disappear for you ?

Do you have any LEs ? Could be something else doing it as there have been 3 scenarios fixed so far that cause the pad to break.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 22 (3,063 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

Letting you know that listening to the radio/multitasking still seems to be breaking the sketchpads.

Mine threw a Last Exception error related to posture.

My style influencer was working from home.  Trying to sketch for two hours.  Using Sketch Quick Impression.

I attempted to have her both sit at the desk (which has a computer on) and listen to the radio while sketching.

Result was a sort of reset.  The L.E. popped up.  The sketchpad was on the floor.

The only options on the pad now are "High Spec Upgrade" (or whatever that interaction is) and "Place in Inventory".  My Sim can't upgrade due to insufficient Handiness skill.

Similar circumstances (listening to radio) broke a second pad.  I didn't bother to save that game.

Message 20 of 22 (3,016 Views)