[FIXED] Sims won't stay in bed

by TrinityBabe

Original Post

Re: Child and teen sims get out of bed for no reason

★ Guide

had this problem too, but not just with children and teens, but with adults too. sometimes they get out of the bed and stand there and sometimes, the adults at least, do something that looks like the relax animation in sims 3. it only seems to happen on single beds though, and it isn't every time they go to bed that it happens.

I thought that maybe it had something to do with the pets in the house, as the only homes where this happens for me have pets (but that could be a total coincidence)

Message 21 of 355 (6,990 Views)

Hero
Pets can wake your Sims. There's another thread on that somewhere

@LadyAelswith Does your household have pets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 355 (6,981 Views)

★ Guide

The household only had a cat, but I've locked the doors on every bedroom. It only happens to teens or children if they sleep in a single bed..

Message 23 of 355 (6,961 Views)

Hero

Found the other thread that is similar and also a bit inconclusive.

@LadyAelswith Would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 355 (6,944 Views)

Child wont sleep for longer than 30 seconds and wakes up, screams and is tense

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying to make a child sleep in a room with anything in it or waking up a child from sleep.
What happens when the bug occurs? The child wakes up scared after 30 or so real time seconds of being asleep if there's anything in the room other than a bed. Even when there's just a bed, he still wakes up and screams in fear and gets the tense moodlet every single time he wakes up.
What do you expect to see? The child sleeps through until the energy bar is refilled without a negative moodlet appearing from waking up scared. The child can sleep in a room with other furniture than just a bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I had a child - previously I only played with adult sims.

It started with the child not sleeping, as soon as he aged up from a toddler. He wouldn't sleep in any bed, he'd wake up after 30 seconds or so and scream in terror. This now happens every single time he sleeps in a normal room in a house.

After some game repairing, moving house, trying different beds and removing mods, I worked out that the only way to get him to sleep is if his bed is in an empty room, so I've had to make a whole new room for him to sleep in that's tiny and empty and have the rest of his stuff in a separate room.

Now he will sleep through until his energy is full, but he still wakes in terror every time, and if I try to put anything in his room he wont sleep at all. There's never been a monster under the bed that I'm aware of, but every time he wakes, he has that fear scream and ends up tense. That's not fun. He goes to school in a bad mood every day.

This has really stumped me and I saw another thread stating that a similar issue (just the waking in terror) was going back to July 2017, so I'm really surprised to see that this is still here.

The not sleeping at all except in an empty room thing is really odd, as his parents have never had that problem. This was my first sim child in around 6-8 months so I can't comment on how long this bug has been going on for, but as this was more than the waking in terror, I thought that I'd make a separate bug report for it. 

I've tried repairing the game several times, removed all mods, moved house, changed beds, changed rooms, restarted the game several times, and the PC itself, and nothing other than having him in an empty room will let him sleep, and even then, he still wakes up tense and screams every single time he sleeps.

Message 25 of 355 (6,919 Views)

Re: Child wont sleep for longer than 30 seconds and wakes up, screams and is ten

Hero
@SarahDAKiller

I merged your post with similar issue

I'm not sure atm if all of these are the same or different issues.

Would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 355 (6,906 Views)

Re: Child wont sleep for longer than 30 seconds and wakes up, screams and is ten

★★★ Novice

Thank you, and of course. If you tell me how I'll sort it out for you.

Message 27 of 355 (6,898 Views)

Hero
You can find instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M55399

@SarahDAKiller

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 355 (6,894 Views)

★★ Expert
i've seen this too. i play YAs and As. there is no music playing or any noise in the bedroom, and no pets or toddlers in the house.
the Sim usually sleeps fine, until she is no longer tired, but some other times and under the same circumstances/same room setup, she will just stand motionless by the bed, "asleep". it happens with other Sims/households, and different beds. i've tested with no mods/cc.
Message 29 of 355 (6,876 Views)

Hero

Thanks  @SarahDAKiller 

I was able to duplicate the issue. I do think it has something to do with the monster under the bed. It seems that is just broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 355 (6,863 Views)