[FIXED] Sims won't share a double bed that is placed against a wall

by Kiyoshia

Original Post

Re: Sims won't scoot over on murphy beds placed against a wall

★★ Pro
@DonroaAkashu This is the thread I was referring to. As I said, I was unsure of if I should create a new post but decided to do that since I couldn't get the same to happen on any other bed and I think this is a Tiny living bug only and happened After scooting was last time fixed. I literally tested this on every bed that came with a pack except for Eco living since I don't have it. (I did mention one other bed but I couldn't really reproduce that so might have been just my mistake).
Message 31 of 40 (2,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@siirysiir  Thank you. The report I linked have the tag: OPEN, which according to the info in this post https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445255/highlight/tru...

- means that it is counted as a bug in the game. I am not in charge of merging though, but I guess crinrict will come along later. Standard smile

Message 32 of 40 (2,356 Views)

★★ Pro
@DonroaAkashu Hm I might have misunderstood the guideline concerning posting but we'll see what happens. :D Welp anyway I'm still relatively new so still getting the hang of things. Wink
Message 33 of 40 (2,348 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@siirysiir  Me too. (And I did; on the other bug report :P )

Message 34 of 40 (2,346 Views)

Hero
@siirysiir I merged your post as I don't think the bug was fixed for normal beds. For me it was always hit and miss if it works or not.

For woohoo it was always 100% reproducible but that seems to be by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 40 (2,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's happening with basegame beds too. I'm an Xbox player and read online somewhere (on a website that had a "Things You Didn't Know About The Sims" page/thing/whatever, I think it was ScreenRant's website) about a week ago and I decided to try it tonight. Doesn't work. Hopefully they find a way to get it fixed...

Every time I try it fails (and my Sims have the Never Tired trait from the reward store but I know it can't be that from what I've read on here and from what I know since they sleep a bit before getting up), plus I have the Piper ability from one of the Aspirations (and yes I used cheats to get it by using aspirations.complete_current_milestone) so I can also make them sleepy if I want them to sleep for a night (which is irrelevant to this, I know, but I felt I wanted to point it out for some reason). 

I'm also an Xbox One player and I only have the free Holiday pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar and Cool Kitchen Stuff. Other than that I just have basegame.

Message 36 of 40 (2,268 Views)

No Scooting in double bed againts the wall

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs through/including Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a bed against the wall and make a couple sleep together.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim that should move to the side of the wall to make room for the other sim, falls asleep on the open side.
What do you expect to see? The sim that goes to bed first should scoot to the side agaist the wall, and make place to the other sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Journey to Batuu, before the last update it works fine.

I tried assigning the side of the bed next to the wall to the sim and when I click on the ZZ button the sim cannot go to bed, as if it had something blocking the way. Before the last update it worked fine, now it does not work intensionally or autonomously.

Message 37 of 40 (2,207 Views)

Problem with using double bed against a Wall

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, get to work, cats and dogs, get famous, seasons, city living, island living, discover university, eco lifestyle, snowy escape, moschino, holiday, perfect patio, luxury party, cool kitchen, spa day, outdoor retreat, kids room, bowling night, dine out, toddler, vampires, parenthood, laundry day, jungle adventure, tiny living, strangerville, realm of magic, nifty knitting, journey to batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a double bed against a wall on any side. In live mode click the side that's against the wall and tell a sim to sleep or relax there. I had this issue long before I put any mods into my game.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you've placed the side of a double bed against a wall and then click the side that's against the wall to try to get a sim to sleep or relax they just get into the the side closest to them, then don't slide over. Sometimes if you click a specific point in the middle of the bed they will slide over to the side that's against the wall, but finding that specific point takes a lot of attempts and by the time I finally get both sims to sleep it's time for them to go to work and they're both exhausted and miserable.
What do you expect to see? For the sim to get into/slide to the side of the bed that is clicked (If clicked anywhere on the left or right side of the bed to use that side) whether or not the bed is against a wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 38 of 40 (1,838 Views)

scoot

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You need two sims. When a double bed is placed against the wall, even if you assign a sim to each bed side or click on a specific bed side, the sims won't scoot.
What happens when the bug occurs? When two sims try to sleep on the same bed which is placed agains't a wall, only one of them will sleep since they don't scoot.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims scoot so that both of them can sleep on the same bed even if against a wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have even turned off my cc and mods in the game options, but it still doesn't work. I also repaired my game, but to no avail.

Message 39 of 40 (1,574 Views)

Re: scoot

Hero

Sims can, once again, scoot over to an open side of the bed that is pushed up against the wall.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 40 (6,850 Views)