Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[FIXED] Sims won't eat a full meal

by ClockworkNed

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

★★★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing this bug. The problem seems to crop up whenever I queue anything for the toddler to do after eating, or if they autonomously queue something for themselves. If there's anything in the queue, they'll stop eating and put their plate down, so I have to make them eat again. If I watch and make sure nothing gets queued (cancelling anything as soon as it pops up if they queue something themselves), they'll finish their meal. I've been having this issue since the June patch. It occurs both with and without mods. If it matters, I'm playing on a MacBook Pro with the Mojave OS, with the most recent update and all packs except the Moschino one.

Message 81 of 87 (275 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I never play with toddlers, but it happens in my game with adults, whether they're eating in a restaurant, a bar, or at home. If I control the Sim(s) I can just direct them to finish the meal, but if a Sim is on a date with an NPC, the NPC only gets half a meal. 

Message 82 of 87 (235 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AspectWindow Seconding AspectWindow; NPCs not finishing meals at a restaurant is a constant for me.
Message 83 of 87 (198 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My sims are doing this too, like if I take them out to a restaurant they'll start eating then suddenly drop the action and not finish their food. I normally have to direct them to finish eating maybe two-three times before they'll even finish a plate. I'm wondering if this is linked to the "food-stealing/sharing" bug that was introduced in Island Living? 

Message 84 of 87 (123 Views)

Re: Toddlers won't eat a full meal

Hero

Grab Meal or Give Food for all ages will now fulfill the hunger needs completely. Hopefully it will help with the 100 baby challenge Standard smile

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 87 (224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The toddlers do finish their meals with the newest patch BUT now their other needs (bladder, energy & attention) decrease at a 2x rate. You can see double red arrows moving down at a high speed.  

Message 86 of 87 (53 Views)

Hero
@BellaDonnaDog75 Would be good if you made a new thread for that.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 87 (46 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help