[FIXED] Sims won't eat a full meal

by ClockworkNed

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddlers won't eat a full meal

Hero
@PansekshuElle Possible but it seems to also affect adults and other Sims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 94 (2,222 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers won't eat a full meal

★★ Guide
@wyvern791 I don't think toddlers will eat foods that are spicy and/or require chopsticks, including pho. Which I guess makes a certain amount of sense.

Fruits and veggies from the garden have been the only thing I can consistently get my toddlers to eat, probably because it's a one-bite consumable. Both meals and snacks (like popcorn) get partly consumed before the plate is dropped on some table somewhere on the lot.

As for my adult sims, they have this habit of autonomously getting a meal from the fridge due to hunger, then set it on the countertop that's against a half-wall, and then stand there as if having forgotten what they just did. (And then go pick up the toddler's half-eaten meal and eat that instead...)
Message 42 of 94 (2,199 Views)

Re: Only eating half the food

★★ Apprentice

This is happening with my Sim's in all life stages. It seemed to just be toddlers but now my youngest are children and my teen and parents are both not finishing their food. 

Message 43 of 94 (2,152 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

★★ Novice

Product: The sims 4

Platform: PC

Language: English

How often does the bug occur? rare to often 

The version of the game: 1.53.115.1020

pets, jungle pet stuff, spooky stuff, bowling

How can you find the bug? Get a sim to eat anything at any level of hunger except full. 

What happens? Sim gets up to walk around with food or to eat somewhere else sim stands there and gets "locked down" does not finish eating can't do any other action. Ask them to stop all actions they will not. More Actions keep popping up like they want to do something, they can not do anything. 

What to expect to see? They are stuck in this action. The just keep holding the plate while standing 

What custom mods? None

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I have seen lots of Bugs in the current update nothing this bad until this new update. All sims or pets will get stuck in an action. Told the cat to play with the toy and it just went in circles for longer than should. That was the first bug I saw. Other sims will do an action and they will be fine while the bugged sim seems to be stuck. Speed up time not helpful. I just have to save exit the game and restart it and it is fixed until another bug occurs. 

Message 44 of 94 (2,086 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict yep, me too. I have no mods.
Message 45 of 94 (2,074 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your affected save files?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the files.

Instructions here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 94 (2,017 Views)

★ Apprentice

LOL! I am doing the 100 baby challenge too and having this toddler feeding issue too. It's definitely like herding cats. Thanks for the tip of locking them in a room. I have gotten so frustrated that I have started to cheat their needs because I just want to have fun not be constantly trying to feed the toddlers.

Message 47 of 94 (1,990 Views)

★ Guide

This issue has been driving me crazy. Four toddlers in my 100 baby challenge and I’ve had to watch them all like a hawk when they eat. They almost always cancel the action halfway through or so and I have to get them to go back and finish. Even when they finish it doesn’t always fill up the bar all the way after the repetition of the same task.

Ive occasionally seen this on older sims but for me it’s mainly causing issues with toddlers.

Message 48 of 94 (1,952 Views)

Hero
@akl1226 Did you guys share your save with Robo as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 94 (1,925 Views)

★★ Guide

I just did, I really hope they can do something about it because I'm at the end of my rope. To avoid a mental breakdown I've converted all my tods to fruitarianism. They're raiding mommy's orchard like a swarm of tottering locusts on daily basis. Not the way I was picturing raising kids. <Alec Baldwin voice on> so sad <Alec Baldwin voice off> 

Message 50 of 94 (1,867 Views)