[FIXED] Sims won't eat a full meal

by ClockworkNed

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

★ Apprentice

I'm also experiencing this bug. The problem seems to crop up whenever I queue anything for the toddler to do after eating, or if they autonomously queue something for themselves. If there's anything in the queue, they'll stop eating and put their plate down, so I have to make them eat again. If I watch and make sure nothing gets queued (cancelling anything as soon as it pops up if they queue something themselves), they'll finish their meal. I've been having this issue since the June patch. It occurs both with and without mods. If it matters, I'm playing on a MacBook Pro with the Mojave OS, with the most recent update and all packs except the Moschino one.

Message 81 of 94 (1,411 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I never play with toddlers, but it happens in my game with adults, whether they're eating in a restaurant, a bar, or at home. If I control the Sim(s) I can just direct them to finish the meal, but if a Sim is on a date with an NPC, the NPC only gets half a meal. 

Message 82 of 94 (1,371 Views)

★ Guide
@AspectWindow Seconding AspectWindow; NPCs not finishing meals at a restaurant is a constant for me.
Message 83 of 94 (1,334 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My sims are doing this too, like if I take them out to a restaurant they'll start eating then suddenly drop the action and not finish their food. I normally have to direct them to finish eating maybe two-three times before they'll even finish a plate. I'm wondering if this is linked to the "food-stealing/sharing" bug that was introduced in Island Living? 

Message 84 of 94 (1,259 Views)

Re: Toddlers won't eat a full meal

[ Edited ]
Hero

Grab Meal or Give Food for all ages will now fulfill the hunger needs completely. Hopefully it will help with the 100 baby challenge Standard smile

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

If you still have issues with Sims not eating up, there's several still open issues (probably all connect)

If you still have toddlers not eating their meal, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 94 (8,779 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The toddlers do finish their meals with the newest patch BUT now their other needs (bladder, energy & attention) decrease at a 2x rate. You can see double red arrows moving down at a high speed.  

Message 86 of 94 (1,197 Views)

Hero
@BellaDonnaDog75 Would be good if you made a new thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 94 (1,190 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think this is completely fixed. My sims eat their full meal most of the time after the patch but there's that one in every few meal where they won't finish and leaves about 2 bites before setting the plate down. This rarely occurs on child sims and older but it's more uncommon for toddlers. It's difficult to reproduce the problem because it occurs randomly.

Message 88 of 94 (1,142 Views)

Hero
@Rorolina There's still issues if Sims eat and drink at the same time, especially at restaurants.

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DO-Sims-cancel-eating-in-restaurants/m-p/8091738
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-DO-NPC-Sims-Not-Eating-in-Restaurant/td-p/744819...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-Won-t-Finish-Meal-If-Finish-Drink-First/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 94 (1,129 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict This has been happening randomly ever since I installed Discover University, and doesn't seem to be limited to toddlers. A presumably-hungry Sim will pick up a serving from a counter or a fridge, take it to a table, and then won't eat. I think I've only noticed this with NPC Sims.
Message 90 of 94 (1,099 Views)