Toddler Will Eat 2/3 of a Meal

by katiemoar

Original Post

Re: Toddlers stop eating half way through food.

★ Guide

I'm also having this issue with sims of all ages, though it's most frequent on toddlers. Most of the time they'll eat until they've just turned green and then stop no matter how full their plate is, but sometimes they'll still be orange or yellow when they give up.

Message 61 of 94 (1,964 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

★★ Guide

This glitch is still happening for me, and its pretty irritating since my toddlers seem to have to walk as far as they possibly can to put down their food before they actually do...and if I reset them, the food disappears entirely.

Message 62 of 94 (1,938 Views)

Toddler Will Eat 2/3 of a Meal

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out Perfect Patio Stuff Free Christmas Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a screwed up version of the game. Then have your toddler try to eat a meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? When any of my toddlers (I'm doing the 100 baby challenge) goes to eat food they will eat 2/3 of the food and then drop it on the floor despite still being hungry.
What do you expect to see? I expect my toddler to eat a full meal as this is how everyone elses' game seems to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was the patch right before Island Living came out

Ok so I'm doing the 100 baby challenge and its getting really difficult to do considering everytime I feed my toddlers they won't complete a full meal. They'll eat 2/3's of their food and then put the food down despite still being hungry. 

Message 63 of 94 (1,921 Views)

Re: Toddler Will Eat 2/3 of a Meal

★★★★ Guide
@katiemoar Surprisingly, I've noticed toddlers are getting 'filled up' when fed in the high chair (more so than the easy grab&feed and leave some behind that's been happening--with most of the meals, anyway--cereal/yogurt less so obviously) If only we could fix up multi-servings of quick meals...sigh.
Message 64 of 94 (1,897 Views)

Hero
@katiemoar Merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 94 (1,894 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue too! I found it with toddlers the most when I was doing the 100 baby challenge but my grown up sims do it too

Message 66 of 94 (1,854 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game too and I also find it irritating as the toddlers seem to want to place the plate on a coffee table instead of the closest surface i.e counter top or any other table. It seems to take most of the day to just feed them. 

Message 67 of 94 (1,750 Views)

Re: Toddlers won't eat a full meal

★★★ Newbie

Me too, and this is the biggest problem. They are starving, but will not eat.

Message 68 of 94 (1,709 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

★ Apprentice

npcs wont eat a full meal at a restaurants and also both active sims and npcs keep cleaning up dishes when out at a restaurants please fix this soon its been 3 months now ?

Message 69 of 94 (1,653 Views)

Toddler glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of then except for moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a toddler and have them eat. They almost always never finish their food
What happens when the bug occurs? It only happens when they're not in high chairs, I believe. You have them grab a serving and they'll go sit down to eat and they'll some of it, sometimes it half, other times its only a few bites, and then they'll stop eating to go do something else.
What do you expect to see? A fix ASAP. Its really frustrating because while it might be a realistic glitch, it makes caring for toddlers difficult. Especially in the 100 baby challenge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 70 of 94 (1,598 Views)