Re: Problems with Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

★★ Guide
Same here. No Mods or CC, latest version and Seasons installed, and it doesn't matter how hungry the toddlers are, where they are located in the world, what kind of food I serve them, or if the food comes from a platter or from a single serving, the result is the same: they stop eating and leave their plate half-full even if they're starving. To make them finish their food I have to repeat the command twice, sometimes thrice, and start the feeding process all over again. Usually if they haven't finish the food during the second attempt the plate will get stuck in their hand, and the only way to get rid of it is to go to MW and go back in again. if I'm lucky the (FINALLY!) empty plate will be in their Inventory, if I'm less lucky it will try to start a new life as flying saucer and it will appear stuck in thin air somewhere near the kids, and if I'm very unlucky it will turn invisible while maintaining its proprieties (read: pretty soon it will stink to the high heavens)(until some adults will follow its stench and put it out of its misery, that is). The combination between the usual idiocy of the kid-sims and this glitch is nothing short of DIABOLICAL: they won't just stop eating at random, oh no. They will stop eating AND slowly bob to the further table available in the house to place their half-eaten plate, never mind the perfectly functional table in front of them, they'll go for the three-ramp-of-stairs-away one. When I command them to eat from that plate AGAIN, they won't sit next the three-ramp-of-stairs-away table and quietly do so, oh no. They'll slowly bob back to their original position before resuming the feeding. And you already know what happen if they don't finish the plate the second time around. I learned to lock them all in a room before serving them food. But I'm playing the 100 Baby Challenge and I have four of them atm. It's like herding cats. Please fix this before I turn into King Herod, thanks.     
Message 31 of 94 (4,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (minus Island Living, Strangerville, and Vampires)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim eat in general, or have them go to a restaurant and order food. Invite other sims you're not controlling to the restaurant too and order for them. Watch them just stop eating randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims hunger meter isn't full and they stop eating randomly, not finishing their food. Sometimes I have to click on the food multiple times for them to finally finish. It really sucks when my sims is going out to eat with sims I am not controlling because they will stop eating, which means can't order anything else after that because plates need to be cleared. 
What do you expect to see? Everyone finish their food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I just updated to the new patch this passed Sunday and started having this issue. 

Message 32 of 94 (4,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Someone please help me with this. 

This bug has completely ruined the game for me. I have multiple households that I have created that are friends with each other. They visit and catch up by going out to eat at restaurants and eating together at parties, or drinking at bars. But now those parts of the game that I use the most are broken. No one finishes their food. So at restaurants, my sims can't order seconds or order dessert or even stay seated to chat with each other. At house parties, all my sims will take servings of food, not finish them or barely touch them, and place them down everywhere; so I end up with partially eaten single servings of food everywhere. 

This has started happening ever since I updated to the new patch. 

I look forward to simming everyday. But now my game is broken. Please help me fix this. 

Message 33 of 94 (4,164 Views)

★ Guide

Same thing happening. Sometimes they won't even eat half the meal and the toddler is still hungry.

Message 34 of 94 (4,130 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue, can't get him to eat a complete dish...several times he is starving and yet keeps putting the plate up.  

Message 35 of 94 (4,114 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrictClockworkNed same here. i have even repaired the game and have no mods or cc. lots of glitches all around
Message 36 of 94 (4,072 Views)

Problems with Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

For some reason after the latest update, toddlers on my game cannot seem to eat full meals. They get food, eat until they are about half satisfied, and then put it down. This makes it really hard to accomplish anything or to get their skills up because they get hungry so quickly after that. I have no idea what to do to fix it after I tried the repair option on the main control pad.

Message 37 of 94 (4,047 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yep me too, my toddler has a bite or 2 then it glitches, or my adult sim will put my toddler sim down the high chair, it has been over a year and has gotten worse since the new update. And my Adult sims don't finish their meal either just a couple of bites and that's it.

getting frustrating 

Message 38 of 94 (4,038 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Problems with Sims 4

Hero
@hmhig Merged your post with existing bug report.

Please press me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 94 (4,023 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddlers won't eat a full meal

★★★ Guide

I think this is part of the overall toddler issues. Not finishing their food is a consistent problem I'm having with all of my very broken toddlers, too, in addition to getting in and out of bed over and over, sitting on the potty and standing up, getting in and out of the bath, etc.

Message 40 of 94 (3,994 Views)