[FIXED] Sims won't drown

by dorifto96

Original Post

Re: Sims won't die (Drown specifically)

Champion (Retired)

@chutneyx4404 wrote:

I'm having this issue as well. I created two new sims, so that I could have a household of 8 ghosts. Neither of them would drown, even though their energy bar had gone all the way to zero. This worked previously with four other sims, but it suddenly won't work with these two. I thought maybe it was because they were brand new sims, and they can't die the day that they're "born" and maybe they were socializing with each other too much. I tried again with one of them, the energy bar went down to zero, and she didn't die. Now, the "starve to death" bar has also gone down to zero, and she still won't die! I don't have any mods either, so I'm not sure why it's happening.

You could be correct about the time it takes between "birth" and drowning to death. I tested the Sim provided by @dorifto96 in an existing save with no luck after a couple days. Today I placed the same Sim (with a second household member) in a brand new save.
Started on Sunday and by Monday evening he had drowned.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 21 of 63 (4,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Even though this is now my topic, I think I could ask this here. 

Is it normal that NPC's can't be killed outside the limits of a lot? 

I was testing a mod I created for making the "Siren's Call" deadly, nothing complicated or new, it just deplets the energy need so the sims drown. When I use it inside the limits of a lot, I can kill NPC sims with no problem, but when I try to kill a NPC outside the limits of a lot... the sim doesn't die. 

If I use it with a sim that is part of my household, everything works as expected and the sim dies. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Message 22 of 63 (4,142 Views)

@Marquillotuca89  For mod-related questions, it's best to ask on a forum where mod creators post and exchange ideas.  Mod the Sims is one.  This site doesn't support mods, as in, there's no direct help for them, so there's not much that other players can suggest in the way of troubleshooting.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 63 (4,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EuphorialQueen  Sorry for the late replies. Was away for a short trip and didn't have time to check these forums.

So does this mean drowning is only available in Island Living now? Was the sim able to die in the pool? It kinda seems like he can under different games, but not mine for some reason.

Unless you had to wait a super long time for him to die at zero energy?

Also, worse come to worse, is there a way to notify EA directly about issues like this? I know is minor, but I hope they do take note of this and fix it in further patches.Or at least, prevent their further patches from ruining the game further.

Small update:I installed the MCCC mods and was able to force kill the sims by drowning. This seems to indicate the deaths are still there, but I don't know why the standard way of triggering it doesn't work. It's not a perfect solution, but I guess it's better than nothing. At least I can continue to play my morbid storyline

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 24 of 63 (4,039 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing this as well no mods also a sim I made

Message 25 of 63 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im also having this issue, and it's getting pretty annoying. 

Also none of the other mods I have installed can kill the sims with cheats either which is annoying

Message 26 of 63 (3,924 Views)

Hero
@SquidBot-111 Can you not kill the Sims by any means or just the drowning ?

There are some Sims that are immune to killing.

I do start to wonder if there's a bug here but it seems rather random.

Unless the Sims are mermaids, they should still drown.

I've checked saves before where certain means just didn't seem to work.

@dorifto96 Do you still have as save from before you were able to kill them with MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 63 (3,896 Views)

★ Guide

I've had this issue too in a fresh save, game without mods/cc.  Troubleshooted it most of the day & found that there seems to be an issue with the uncomfy moodlet from low energy getting stuck (for lack of a better word). If you send the sim to nap, then wake them up immediately & make them go swimming, they'll successfully drown.

Said stuck uncomfy moodlet also prevented death by fire. 

Message 28 of 63 (3,889 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dragancaor So you can repro it everytime or does it only get stuck sometimes ?  

EDIT:

Did a test with 4 Sims

- 2 Elder

- 1 Adult

- 1 Child 

Children seem immune to drowning

The two elder died as expected when their energy made them pass out

The adult didn't drown until she was also starved but then she drowned.

Moved this to the bug forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 63 (3,884 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yup, I still have the saves. Under normal cicumstances, they still cannot drown, but the mod allows me to force kill.

But the moodlet bug mentioned seems plausible. 

The Sim that i uploaded is still out there as a test. 

Message 30 of 63 (3,868 Views)