Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims won't drown

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a sim in the pool and let the energy need run out. The sim should drown.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim just wouldn't die (Death by Drowning) once the energy need is depleted. He/she just keeps swimming around.
What do you expect to see? Sim drown once energy need is finished while swimming in the pool.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yes. After the June 18th, 2019 patch. The problem of sims not dying occurred.

1) UI Cheats Extension

2) Needs/Motive Decay Mod

To add on, I've already tried removing the mods from my Mods folder and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Yet the problem still persists. Other forms of death (i.e. starvation and fire) are still working as usual. It is just Death by Drowning that is not possible at the moment. Before the June 18th patch. My sims could still drown even with the mods and an action to "Drown" appeared once the energy need is depleted. Now, that action won't appear anymore.

Many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 63 (20,655 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't drown

Hero

Sims are now able to drown again if you do not have Island Living installed! How were we able to survive without this? Either way, back to drowning!

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 61 of 63 (15,096 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims won't die (Drown specifically)

Hero
@crinrictDorifto96 There's a few traits that keep the Sims from dying. Is this a former NPC townie ?

There's a mod called Show/Search Sim Info Mod at MTS.

Check on all the hidden traits the Sim has and post a pic here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 63 (20,538 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope. The sims are basically pre-made and self-made sims. All of them seem to be immune from drowning for some reason.

Here are 2 pictures on hidden traits. One is from a pre-made sim. The other is from a self made sim. Also, there is a picture of the bug happening where the sim has zero energy, but still doesn't die in the pool. If you need more to diagnose the problem, do just let me know.

Message 3 of 63 (20,518 Views)

Hero
@dorifto96 Can you put them in a fresh save and see if they drown there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 63 (20,515 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

By fresh save, if you mean a brand new game, then nope. They still wouldn't drown. In fact, the self-made sim is from a fresh new game as well and he wouldn't die too. I suspect the patch may have affected my game. But I'm not sure what happened.

Message 5 of 63 (20,496 Views)

Hero
@dorifto96 Could you upload the Sims to the gallery ? I can test them tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 63 (20,493 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've uploaded the random self-made sim under my username "Dorifto96". The household name is Fletcher, which is a single a male sim with a red suit and pink cap.

The other sim i had used was from the BFF household, pre-made sim, "Liberty Lee" from the Willows Creek neighbourhood. This household is from the base game I believe.

Do let me know if the death works on another game. If worse come to worse, a mod that can force the death to occur might be a good workaround.

Message 7 of 63 (20,481 Views)

Hero
@dorifto96 I will as soon as I have time. I can't make any promises when this will be as thing are ... a bit .. crazy (as you can see)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 63 (20,462 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I understand. I'm just curious to see if others are having the same problem. Might just bring this up to EA personally if I'm the only one having this issue, though minor.

Message 9 of 63 (20,451 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@dorifto96 I can verify for a fact Sims do experience "Drowning to Death"
This was while swimming in the ocean. Energy full red she was autonomously swimming toward a place to nap.

Drowning To Death

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 63 (20,429 Views)