[FIXED] Sims with opposite frame/male filter only have few nail options

by Fili9521

Original Post

Re: Missing Nail Polish for Male Sims with Feminine Frames

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I first noticed when testing some nail polish mods. I thought I had broke my game but repairing it didn't help. Now that I found this I know it wasn't the mods. The thing is until wedding stories my trans/ no-binary had the nails if i remember right.

Message 21 of 43 (1,049 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims with costomized Physical frame can't take Nails from CAS

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PlayStation 5

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? SP26: 1.assets.live-sp26.35

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make a sim using the opposite frame to their gender. Try to put on nails.

What happens when the bug occurs? most nail options are missing entirely, the ones that remain are broken.

What do you expect to see? Nails that work.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

it really sucks. male framed male sims can have lovely nails. female framed female sims can have lovely nails. This bug makes no sense and should have been fixed. it's even messing up occult forms! T∆T

Message 22 of 43 (1,016 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date (1.89.214.1030)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living GP: Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves SP: Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a (trans-)female sim. Pick male frame and female clothing style for them. Does not apply to sims whose gender, frame and clothing style match.
What happens when the bug occurs? The base game nails do not show up as an selectable option in CAS, read, as if they did not exist in the first place. This also applies to one out of the four new nails added to the game with the Werewolves GP. The ones with the paw in the review (I assume they are the preset for the werewolf form) are missing.
What do you expect to see? The base game nails and the new werewolf nails to be visible and selectable when creating a sim whose gender, frame and clothing style do not match.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the Werewolves GP.

Comment: I'm reposting this here to merge the threads. I unfortunately cannot attach any saves due to not having any access to a Google Drive or similar services.

Message 23 of 43 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Got tired of waiting for the patch that never came to this issue so tried making a fix and thought I'd share.

I saw they made separate nails for both feminine and masculine frame to avoid clipping. So the nails are restricted to opposite frame but they ALSO restricted the opposite gender. Is why even if they have masculine frame, masculine nails won't appear if they're female etc.

Here's the fix: Updated the nails to enable opposite gender (override). Note, I only did the nails for masculine frame up to wedding pack, since the werewolf nails are working fine. I didn't cover the nails for the feminine frame.

I'm not sure if it's alright to put a download here but its here [Edit: please don't use mod links here]

Note: Took about 10mins to make the fix for masculine nails. I don't know why it takes so long for the sims team to patch this or they just don't see it as a big issue to care enough?

Message 24 of 43 (839 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@levijonescc Seeing as links arent allowed, could you drop the name of the mod-fix for it? Its something that really bothers me
Message 25 of 43 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I made it myself and haven't uploaded it to any mod sites. I'm not sure how I can quickly attach the mod on here if they don't allow links Frown

Maybe this way could work? Just remove the spaces. Also attached an image file [Removed by CM]

Message 26 of 43 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @levijonescc please do not link or share any mods on AHQ as doing so is a breach of the rules.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 27 of 43 (791 Views)

★★ Guide

Kinda * that there is still no fix for this. Even though the fashionista townie that is in the trailers for HS is opposite framed out of box. smh

Message 28 of 43 (776 Views)

★★★ Novice

Welp since mods or links can't be attached here, best I can do is give the instructions on how to make the fix ourselves until EA makes a patch for this (maybe next year if we're lucky)

1. Download and open S4Studio

2. Go to CAS > Override

3. Filter gender to "Male" (important to filter out for the masculine frame) and part type "Fingernail"

4. Shift + Click to select the nails in the same group

5. Hit Next and save your mod

Editing your mod

1. Go to Categories tab

2. Scroll down and uncheck Restrict Opposite Gender

3. Save and import to your mods folder. Done

Can be done around 10mins or so depending on how many nails you want to fix

Message 29 of 43 (762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Can confirm this works.

I dissected ilexsims' fingernail fix mod to redo it myself. It's pretty much what levijonescc said.

Some models are really screwed up though so milage will vary.

Correction:

Nails will look screwed up if your sim is using opposite body/top clothes with an opposite frame, eg. male sim with feminine frame and male body/top clothing and vice versa. Some (or all) body/top clothing alter the hand/finger model.

I saw they finally hid the incompatible duplicate Carnaval Kit nail for Male/Fem sims, so maybe, just maybe, we will get an official fix for this nonsense before 2030.

Message 30 of 43 (1,076 Views)