[FIXED] Sims with opposite frame/male filter only have few nail options

by Fili9521

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims with costomized Physical frame can't take Nails from CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I made a male sim with a feminine frame (something i have done in the past as well as the reverse). I wanted to give her some multi-colored short nails that came with the game but no nails were available. Her boyfriend whom is male with a masculine frame has access to nails. I think I can trick the game by giving the girlfriend a masculine frame adding the nails, then giving her a feminine frame again. But that would undo all of the styling and risk some body changes. I'll use cc nails for now but I find this very strange. Why do cc nails work better than the ones that come with the game I paid for?

After the wedding pack I was thinking "Do I want to keep buying Sims 4 stuff?" I was excited about that pack but decided not to get it because of bugs. Normally I'm a buy every pack person but I've been becoming more and more hesitant to buy. I starting delaying buying packs a couple of years ago, then started skipping packs/kits. Maybe I'll rely on cc creators for new features and stop buying sims stuff from EA.

Update: I made a backup of my household then I switched the feminine frame sim, Glory, to a masculine frame. It did remove the hair but otherwise didn't case too much lost work with styling. I then went through and gave her the nails I wanted for each outfit. I also gave her her hair back. After that was done I switched to a feminine frame and the nails remained. I checked each outfit and they all looked fine. So you can switch the frame to match the sex of the sim to add nails, then switch the frame back to the correct one.

Message 11 of 43 (2,701 Views)

Nails not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cottage living, snowy escape, seasons, cats n dogs, city living, get together, dream home decorator, realm of magic, parenthood, vampires, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, laundry day, backyard stuff, movie hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a male sim with feminine frame
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to add ANY nail polish to my sim, and nothing is showing up
What do you expect to see? all the nail polish options.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Even uninstalling all of my mods, there isn't any option for the nails showing up in CAS for my male sim with a feminine frame. This is also happening on my female sims with a masculine frame. 

Message 12 of 43 (2,606 Views)

"male" sims with "female" frames only have 4 options for nail polish?

★★★★★ Novice

so i'm making a sim who's supposed to be nonbinary, but until i see what all the pronouns update brings they're a "male" sim with a "female" frame. the issue i've encountered with this is there are only 4 total options for nail polish: two are the exact same one from my wedding stories, one is toenail polish, and the last is the carnaval streetwear nails. on the last one the thumbnail has the clipping issue but due to the way CAS items work on different frames it looks ok on the actual "female" framed sim.

i wasn't sure where else to go with this since i'm not sure if i can just tweet it at someone, and it doesn't feel like a tech support issue, and i'm pretty sure it isn't a bug. if this isn't the right place to post this could someone please point me to the correct place? this is just really frustrating bc i'd love for ALL my sims to have cute nails without having to get them done at a salon in game, if that even works?not including the toenail polish available

Message 13 of 43 (2,580 Views)

Re: "male" sims with "female" frames only have 4 options for

Hero
@413jmee It's a bug. I merged your post with the bug report.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 43 (2,523 Views)

Re: Male sim can't wear nail polish

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC W

hich language are you playing the game in? English

What is your current game version number? 1,87

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have? All

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into cas and create a female or male sim and give them the opposite fram go to the nails and you only get the carnival day and wedding day nails. Where are the basegame nails? They dont appear on sims after they get a manicure either.

What happens when the bug occurs? I can't see nails or give them to my sim. I can't see the nails with my feminine framed male. Nail salon doesn't give my sim nails either.

e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Only CC, all mods removed prior to this shoot.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Nails never appeared for me in TS

Can't believe this problem has been going on for so long, it's so simple and hasn't been fixed yet! Give us back our manicures, EA!

I don't care if they're broke, just don't confiscate them from sims with Opposite gender frames.

Message 15 of 43 (2,378 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims with costomized Physical frame can't take Nails from CAS

★ Novice

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

What is your current game version number? 1.84.40.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, All game packs except My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, and Journey to Batuu, All Stuff Packs except Fitness Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, and Luxury Party, Courtyard Oasis Kit and Country Kitchen Kit

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a female sim with a masculine frame or create a male sim with a feminine frame and check the nails category. There are no fingernails available for these Sims. Fingernails can be added to these Sims by temporarily changing the Sim's body type to match their gender and applying nails. The nails stay on when the body type is changed back.

What happens when the bug occurs? Fingernails are not available for these sims. If nails are added to the Sim using the process I described above the fingernails clip into the fingers and distort the shape of the finger tips. Some of the nail shapes are also bendy or distorted. (See attached screenshots)

What do you expect to see? I expect to see fingernails that look similar to the nails on female gender + feminine body Sims or male gender + masculine body sims.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No mods or custom content installed.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

Message 16 of 43 (2,328 Views)

Nails not appearing for masculine framed women and feminine framed men

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I can't figure out how to fill out the bug report but this is important- I wanted to edit the nails on my sim. I had placed them on her before. I went to the nails accessory option in CAS and none of the nails are appearing despite her actually wearing the nails. I've attached an image. I checked this with other sims and sims that are men with masculine frames and women with feminine frames still have their nails option appearing. My sim is a woman with a masculine frame and I checked another sim who was a man with a feminine frame. Neither of the nail options would show up for them. So this is specific to those sims. I did check filters and do everything but they wouldn't pop up. I'm really annoyed. This occurred with the latest update. The pronoun update. At least for me. It may have occurred sooner but I'm unsure.

I should also probably mention, that the toenail options are still appearing for all sims. This is just fingernails. Apologies.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 17 of 43 (2,311 Views)

Non-binary Sims don't have access to nails in CAS

★ Guide

I have a Sim with a masculine frame, female gender, and they/them pronouns I'm trying to create in CAS.

I noticed that they have no access to any of the nails in the game except the Carnaval Streetwear ones. I have switched the gender tags and removed the gender tags. Nails still don't show up. The only nails that do show up are from Carnaval Streetwear.

I'm playing on PC with all packs and kits but Batuu and the menswear kit are disabled. My game is fully up-to-date.

Message 18 of 43 (2,224 Views)

Re: Non-binary Sims don't have access to nails in CAS

★ Guide

I've been noticing this for months, and I don't think it's fair that the only compatible nails are from a kit I have NO plans on buying (I don't buy most of the fashion kits)

Nails should be updated for this, especially given the pronoun push - even relying on CC creators doesn't get a lot of help because a lot of them don't do cross-functionality between gender/frame differences.

I want to play trans and non-binary characters, and this is really harshing my mellow by taking features out I'd love to have.  I'd really love to see this fixed.  It would make so many people really happy.

Message 19 of 43 (2,077 Views)

Re: Non-binary Sims don't have access to nails in CAS

★ Guide

I feel like I used to be able to put whatever nails I wanted on my feminine framed male when the Spa Day update happened, but now I can't be so sure.  As everyone else is reporting, in order for said custom-gendered to get nail polish on it can only be done in CAS when their frame matches their gender.  On a side note, I've also noticed this happening with the "biker" gloves as well.

Message 20 of 43 (1,445 Views)